Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

What PI events would you like to see ?

Homepage Forums General Photography PI Events What PI events would you like to see ?

• This topic is empty.

What PI events would you like to see ?

• damien.murphy
    Participant

After recently partaking in the PI night shoot organised by shutterbug here, I for one would be interested in meeting up more regularly.

Night photography is not everybody’s thing, so why not chime in with what interests you..

To kick things off, my own shooting interests lay in urban architecture, landscape, portraiture and a little documentary and street photography. Night imagery, both urban landscapes and candid/ street imagery at night also interest me, and night imagery as a whole is something which I have not shot for a long time and wish to delve into.

The meet this last Monday drove home to me that you really do not need more than a few people to make a shoot/ event happen, and aside from the larger organised events which you would like to see, perhaps this thread can become the jumping off point for organising small informal shoots amongst other interested members here.

For those who haven’t noticed it yet, Mark has added a PI calendar through which to organise/ view events, which may be useful to people..

b318isp
    Participant

Good idea. There so many places that make great subjects for maybe a 1-1.5 hour shoot. As you say a small group can work well as bigger groups tend to break up anyway. Some thoughts for me are:

– Dublin castle
    – Howth / Dun Laoghaire / Bray
    – Botanic gardens
    – St. Anne’s Park
    – The zoo / Pheonix Park
    – Old Dublin (around Guinness’ factory)
    – The canals
    – The IFSC at night
    – Liffey bridges
    – Georgian / Vicorian Dublin
    – Powerscourt waterfalls
    – Glendalough (again)
    – Hell fire club / Dublin Mountains

Never2Old2Learn
    Participant

Would be very interested in joining this group if it gets going.
    That’s a very good starting list by b318isp.

damien.murphy
    Participant

Only takes a few committed people to get anything going – jump in now, and don’t sit on the sidelines – let’s make it happen! :)

shutterbug
    Participant

Nice idea Damien, I really enjoyed the night shoot, and being a wimpy female wouldnt feel safe to out
    and about at night anywhere….not just Dublin, so it was really great to have the back up there.

I would like to do another night shoot nearer to Christmas to take in the lights and the bustle of
    people, I always love a visit to the zoo, which I have often done alone but would have liked to have
    a wander around Pheonix Park and havent really felt safe enough on my own.

So there are lots of possibilities all it takes is one post stating time place and date :)

esthermoline
    Participant

I’m all for this too. Any of the places suggested by b318isp would be great. I really like the idea of old Dublin, around the Guinness brewery, as that’s an area I’d really like to photograph but I think it’s a bit dodgy to go there by myself…

Jonnyp16v
    Participant

All the spots mentioned by b318isp, I’d be interested in. Is there anyone here interested in automotive photography? I know there has been a few Vagdrivers.net members joining on here in the past few months. Maybe we could organise a joint meet/photoshoot between the two forums.

seany

Hi, i would like to meet up with anyone in the Cork area who is interested in photographic expeditions locally with a view to exploring landscapes,street,urban,architectural etc. Ideally I’m thinking of midweek as weekends tend to be overcrowded with families etc .
    Small groups would be best as we could car pool and take in places of interest within a few hours drive. Any suggestions ideas welcome.
    Michael

sebarry

Would anyone know of, or be interested in a group for some Wildlife Shooting? I am wondering is there a group already out there that I could join up with? I am a beginner at this, but have a lot of interest and enough stuff to get going – I live in Leitrim alot of the time so am always out taking pictures, but would love to notch it up a bit with others ….
    best, sarah

PD_BARBS
    Participant

We haven’t done the West Coast as far as I know, so a trip to Galway / Clare would be good

pelagic

It almost sounds like we all live close to a big city. :D :D :D

Do we have a half dozen Midland members?

We have lots to shoot:
    Slieve Blooms
    Glenbarrow
    Emo Court
    Heywood Gardens
    Street people in Portlaoise, Carlow, Tullamore
    Several beautiful rivers
    Great sections of the Grand Canal
    At night we have less ambient light to abscure the stars
    more

We even have a train station that’s just 40 minutes from Dublin.

Temple Bar is great but we have country pubs. :wink: :roll: :lol: :) :D

I’d be happy to organize,

Mardai24
    Participant

For those on the East Coast how about Skerries? Plenty of opportunities here from Ardgillan Demense outside the town; In the town itself – two windmills, old churchs, ponds, lake, plenty of bird life incl. swans, 2 stunning beaches, three islands, and a walk across the rocks towards Loughshinny will give some seriously great shots. To say nothing of the harbour and all the boating activity there (incl some rusty old trawlers!).

35 minute train ride from Dublin city. Plenty of places to eat and, if so inclined, have a beverage or two.

I’d be happy to help organise.

Mark
    Keymaster

PD_BARBS wrote:

We haven’t done the West Coast as far as I know, so a trip to Galway / Clare would be good

Hey Peter,

We did a Doolin/Islands trip in 2007. Was great, would like to repeat it sometime :)

post-doolin-event-thread-t11161-15.html

Mardai24
    Participant

Oh, Doolin would be nice! But as a newbie, I’m game to go whereever (there’ll be two of us with cameras).

hotjohn01
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.