Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Lack of Posts

Homepage Forums General Photography The Lounge Lack of Posts

• This topic is empty.

Lack of Posts

• seany

Still can’t get the hang of it I’m afraid.

grumpy1
    Participant

well put up one on seascape just to prove Im alive

Seaview
    Participant

First time a post has had more than one page in years, well done Seany.

grumpy1
    Participant

I vote Seany for president.

adrianmatthews
    Participant

Sorry….. busy with GAA for last few days….. Kids!

adrianmatthews
    Participant

Lads…. started a thread in CATCH ALL

“Who’s Still Out There……. Stick one up here”

adrianmatthews
    Participant

Seaview wrote:

First time a post has had more than one page in years, well done Seany.

Still only 5 contributors….. :(

stcstc

whaaa. who woke me up!!! :-)

seany

Tried again yesterday Dave but still no success.

Seaview
    Participant

Ah, that’s a shame. Still waiting for your photo.

Dave.

Welcome back Steve.

lousy
    Participant

Same here! Just logged in for old times sake :). Mark will remember me, I was one of the regulars here years ago. I must say I did learn from the critique etc. I made some cyber friends, but the rows and bullshit got to me a bit though. However, the reason IMO is that we grew out of the forum. A lot of us met back up on FB. The critique is gone but what harm. It must be ten years ago or more that I first joined this forum and I’ve since become a professional photographer and have a gallery in Wexford town…not bad for an apprenticeship on PI eh? :)

seany

Nice to see you back Pat, I had a peruse of your site, excellent photos I also enjoyed the ones taken from the drone which surprised me as I normally don’t care much for shots from the air, perhaps you might do a short piece on your experience’s with drone photography.
    Michael.

Seaview
    Participant

Well done Pat on making the transition, these days I imagine it’s a very tough business to be in. There’s quite a few photographers gone Pro who started out on PI, a very distinguish list let it be said.

Dave.

lousy
    Participant

Thanks Michael and Dave,[ I remember the avatar names] I must also say that I’m not full time at it as I have a full time job. I opened the gallery two years ago next month after doing 4 years of successful exhibitions during the opera festival here in Wexford. I had been making enquiries about a premises and whatever way the ball hopped in my favour and one came up so we took the plunge. Basically I’m just selling my landscapes there, I take on the odd gig. It’s ticking over and there’s good times and bad times. I never lost the passion for photography and I still go out on all day shoots around the Country [mostly Wicklow] I took a friend under my wing about 4 years ago and he is very proficient now and would hold his own with anyone.
    Looking back on the early years on here, I used to love getting out early in the morning, but it was equally as good here at night when I’d upload my images. It was great getting critiqued and giving it as well. I see by this tread that the forum is not very busy? Am I correct? I suppose as I said earlier, we grew out of it. Anyway, nice to drop in every now and again to refresh. I’ll put up a pic later if I can remember how to do it from photobucket.
    Pat

Mark
    Keymaster

Good to hear from your Pat :).

I’m amazed you remembered your password :D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.