Exact matches only

Youghal – attractions

Homepage Forums General Photography The Lounge Youghal – attractions

• This topic is empty.

Youghal – attractions

• Maciej90
    Participant

Hi!
    I just got an opportunity to visit Youghal tomorrow. I did a quick research on what’s there but I would be very grateful for some of your suggestions – What places are worth visiting in Youghal?

Wish you all a nice weekend!

Seaview
    Participant

Hi Maciej, I’m from Youghal myself but I’m out of town tomorrow for most of the day. The beach is certainly Youghal’s best attraction which goes on for miles. The quays in Youghal are always good for a snap or two but unless you get there early the tide will have gone out, high tide just after 8.00am tomorrow. The rocky area around the lighthouse can provide some lovely snaps, if you’re coming during the day, maybe bring a 10 stop filter to help capture the water. If you want to go for spin, Knockadoon and Capel island are really nice and depending on the weather are very picturesque, a new walk as been open there recently and is certainly a great way to pass away a couple of hours. To the east of Youghal there some beautiful little beaches that can be very rewarding given the right weather. Ardmore village is really nice with its own cliff walk and a lovely beach also. Goat Island, a few miles west of Ardmore village is one of the most beautiful beaches in this country, maybe I’m a little biased :lol: :lol: I’ll let you be the judge if you make a visit.

Enjoy Youghal.

Dave.

Maciej90
    Participant

Seaview wrote:

Hi Maciej, I’m from Youghal myself but I’m out of town tomorrow for most of the day. The beach is certainly Youghal’s best attraction which goes on for miles. The quays in Youghal are always good for a snap or two but unless you get there early the tide will have gone out, high tide just after 8.00am tomorrow. The rocky area around the lighthouse can provide some lovely snaps, if you’re coming during the day, maybe bring a 10 stop filter to help capture the water. If you want to go for spin, Knockadoon and Capel island are really nice and depending on the weather are very picturesque, a new walk as been open there recently and is certainly a great way to pass away a couple of hours. To the east of Youghal there some beautiful little beaches that can be very rewarding given the right weather. Ardmore village is really nice with its own cliff walk and a lovely beach also. Goat Island, a few miles west of Ardmore village is one of the most beautiful beaches in this country, maybe I’m a little biased :lol: :lol: I’ll let you be the judge if you make a visit.

Enjoy Youghal.

Dave.

Dave,
    Thanks a lot for your reply. :)
    I ended up on the main beach which was alright until very harsh sun came out from the clouds. Because of that I didn’t have much chance to shoot some landscapes but I got a few good still life snaps.
    Maybe some other time I may have an opportunity to explore more. Now I know what’s worth it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.