Generic filters
Exact matches only

Which would you get

Homepage Forums Gear & Links Photography Equipment Lenses Which would you get

• This topic is empty.

Which would you get

• markst33
    Participant

Looking at investing in a wideangle lens for Landscape. Looking at the Tokina 11-16 or the Sigma 10-20.

Wondering what peoples eperience with these lens are

Mark S.

Seaview
    Participant

Hi Mark.

I have the Sigma for a couple of years and I’ve never had a problem with it, upgraded recently to the canon 17 – 40 but I still use the sigma when I want to go really wide.

Dave.

Maciej90
    Participant

Hello,

Mark, what make are you using? Nikon or Canon?
    If Nikon: there is great Nikkor 10-24 which is very well made and present’s good optic properties. Actually I picked it instead of Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 (didn’t even consider to get cheaper Sigma f/4-5,6 because of its very poor quality body as well as poor optics).
    If you are Canon user: Canon 10-22 is terribly made from the outside, hovever optics is OK. My friend has one and for her amateur needs is just fine. I would take this over darker Sigma 10-20, BUT Sigma f/3.5 probably would be the best choice for EOS camera if you are looking for well folded and reliable equipment.
    You mentioned Tokina 11-16. Well, it’s a good lens in general, but do you really need f/2.8 shooting landscapes? Personally, I would prefer to have 10mm than low aperture value, because most of landscapes is done at least at f/8, right?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.