Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

To the beach…

Homepage Forums Photo Critique Landscape To the beach…

• This topic is empty.

To the beach…

• Mark
    Keymaster

Don’t be shy let me know what you think. Again on the D200 converted. Handheld, no burning/dodging and the like.

thanks
    Mark

ciaran
    Participant

Looks like Inchadonny to me… very nice shot, you did really well to hold the exposure even though there are some small parts blown. Conversion is nice too. I’d be tempted to have the path centered, but that’s just me.

Mark
    Keymaster

And in response to the path being central, I’ve just rushed out and….
    Only kidding :D . Sky isn’t as good in my opinion.

The beach is Owenahincha, near Rosscarbery in West Cork.
    The path used to be just sand and looked better.

Forgot to bring my grad filters that day.

ciaran
    Participant

I meant to say Owenahincha :)

Michael Brown in Clonakilty has a really nice version of this shot. When I was down that way in April I tried to use it for inspiration (much nicer way of saying “copying”). Your exposure is better on the first one, but the composition is better on the second. It’s always the way huh?

Mark
    Keymaster

:)

I went on Mike’s wildlife workshop last year. Outside of whale/dolphin/macro and bird photography etc,
    he did quite a bit on digital workflow, was very useful.
    Running it again this year.

Managed to get a copy of his wildlife book from some Irish Birds website. He’s in the middle
    of doing another book due out next year. Nice guy, really helpful.

Uses Canon himself, sold all of his Nikon film gear a few years ago (Canon has the best digital then).
    Had a massive 600mm lens with what could be described as a bucket for a hood

:lol:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.