Generic filters
Exact matches only

Three of my Favourite’s,,

Homepage Forums Photo Critique People Three of my Favourite’s,,

• This topic is empty.

Three of my Favourite’s,,

• Fajitas
    Participant

All taken on the same day, in the space of 20 minutes! Wonder when I’ll get on a roll like that again! :P

All taken on a Canon 300D, Sigma 10-20mm lens.

C&C appreciated :)

ciaran
    Participant

Nice to have you aboard Fajitas :)

I’m not a fan of the third one at all but I love the first two. Very well captured and shots to be proud of.

I’ve always wanted to shoot an “oul wretch” in a bar and you’ve done it superbly.

I know it’s completely intentional but my only gripe is the over cooking of the shots in Photoshop. I think these would look even better with a more natural feel.

Fajitas
    Participant

Thanks!

I accept your comment on the overdoing in PS, though I had 2 things in mind… Both shots were shot from the hip from my slr, and I had the iso up at 1600, so it was VERY noise!

in the first two, after I reduced the noise with Noise Ninja, I wanted to bring the focus off the background,where there was a lot of light bouncing about, especially with such a high iso, so after some burning, and gaussian blurring, I wanted to bring the focus to the face, pint, paper and glasses…Again using gaussian blur. This was followed by a small treatment of Smart Sharpen to get that extra bit of wrinkle.

The third, I wanted the facial expression and hands to be the most interesting focal points, again using gaussian blur, and dodging and burning, followed again by smart sharpen on the face, hands and instrument.

The amount of PS gone into would be much less had I shot at 200 iso, though I feel it does work to bring out what I wanted it to bring out!

Mark
    Keymaster

Shot from the hip, I’m impressed. A technique I’m only starting to do myself
    and finding that lots of practice is needed :)

Fajitas
    Participant

I find whats great is training usig a point and shoot camera, I use a Holga, Lomo Coloursplash and Lomo fisheye ( http://www.lomography.com ) when I’m not doing anything serious. I find it’s great practise, you really learn where you’re going to shoot!

Mark
    Keymaster

You’ve got to love those old quirky cameras :)

Fajitas
    Participant

:D

Without a doubt!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.