Exact matches only

Three moods of Fanad

Homepage Forums Photo Critique Landscape Three moods of Fanad

• This topic is empty.

Three moods of Fanad

• andy mcinroy
    Participant

Hi folks,

These three photographs were taken last Thursday evening during 4 very cold hours on the Fanad clifftop.
    A cold north wind was driving a big swell around the headland.

C+C most welcome.

DougL
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I really like this series…excellent work. It’s really cool to see the changing light and mood. It’s amazing that it was only four hours.

The lighthouse seems to be suffering pretty badly from barrel distortion and/or diverging verticals. I’m pretty sure that’s fixable with the distort filter in Photoshop. It’s definitely worth fixing as these are really excellent images otherwise.

-Doug

edg3
    Participant

i dunno what to say!
    they are amazing.
    i do agree with the barrel distortion, but its barely noticeable.

amazing shots 3 is by far my favorite. i just love the detail and the color.

well done!

sndipo

Brilliant! No3 for me as well! Good stuff! :)

RASMITH32

Love the creeping waters in no.1 pity about the distortion and 1 is a little soft, I guess that was the wind. Great shots. each one is appealing in its own right

Klarens
    Participant

Yes Yes!!!! No.3!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent shot!!!

5faythe
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Three lovely photographs here and a good demonstration of how
    different light conditions change the look of an image.

Nice composition.

I wouldn’t like to single out any one of them.
    They all have their charms.

Well done and I hope you’ve warmed up.

John.

shutterbug
    Participant

All of the above! Excellent love all three, I bet that four hours felt like forty :)

richiehatch

Lovely set of images Andy. Amazing that these where taken on the same day… such different
    light in the 3 of them. Impressive stuff..! Not distracted by the distortion at all..!

Richie

DaveMurdoch
    Participant

I really love these 8) Fanad Head is one of my favourite place`s and i`ve fished it for years.These shots really do it proud.
    Great stuff.Well done :D

DougL
    Participant

Hey Andy,

I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve taken the liberty of fixing the verticals on the first image and reposting below. This took me a grand total of 10 seconds in Photoshop with the Lens Correction filter. Some have said that the distortion is not distracting, but frankly, these images are too good to go leaving something like that uncorrected.

Apologies if I’ve overstepped the bounds here…

-Doug

Green Meanie
    Participant

Great set of images.

Big stopper for the middle one?

andy mcinroy
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

DougL, I appreciate your suggestion. I think this does help the 1st image. I had already done a lens correction but my own image appeared to still have a problem with the lighthouse. I suspected it was because the lighthouse was placed slightly higher in the frame than in the other two images. I think your edit does improve the image. Thanks for that.

Andy

Mallacht
    Participant

Excellent images

miki g
    Participant

Hi Andy.
    Three super images. Take a bow. :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.