Generic filters
Exact matches only

The Murder Hole

Homepage Forums Photo Critique Landscape The Murder Hole

• This topic is empty.

The Murder Hole

• andy mcinroy
    Participant

Despite the odd name, this has to be the most beautiful beach I have ever visited. It is up on the Rosguill peninsula near Downings.

This beach has no carpark, cafe or ice cream vans. After a 20min walk in I had the place to myself for the whole day. There were several big lightning storms that passed overhead, one of which gave me a bit of a fright when I was on the top of the hill with my tripod. I ran down the hill and hid in a cave. The fast moving weather gave me some spectacular conditions for photography throughout the day.

And then when I came home I found a Gallaher card. Look like it was taken from the Island (Rough Island)

andy mcinroy
    Participant

A few more from the day.

The Murder Hole – Boyeeghter Strand

Horn Head with Tory Island in the distance

Tra na Rossan Strand

MickS
    Participant

Very beautiful shots Andy, well done. This place looks like one of the country’s best kept secrets.

btw, the shot called “The Murder Hole – Boyeechter Strand” isn’t displaying.

5faythe
    Participant

Hi Andy,

These are really good images as we’ve come to expect from you.

John.

andy mcinroy
    Participant

Thanks Mick and John,

It should be sorted now. Try reloading the page.

It seems that Tra na Rossan strand gets all the attention because you can take your car to the viewpoint above it. The murder hole is far more impressive but isn’t photographed so often because of the walk in.

Martin
    Participant

Lovely set of pictures Andy

mgst
    Participant

Excellent set Andy.

brownie
    Participant

Brilliant stuff Andy….great light in
    all the shots…thats what makes them.

Noel Browne.

miki g
    Participant

Lovely set Andy. Lovely area.I don’t think running away from the lightning really works though. :D

Ballyman
    Participant

That first one of the Murder Hole is beautiful. Great light and colours all over the place.

De-aRt
    Participant

The Murder Hole – Boyeeghter Strand, great light and fantastic foreground.

We wound have tried for an 80/20 crop and a bit more foreground detail, but that’s our personal taste, we’d still give it wall space in our house.

Regards

Dee & Ron

rc53

delightful, as ever

andy mcinroy
    Participant

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I have written this trip up into my monthly article which also shows a portrait version of the firrst shot.

Donegal’s Golden Strands
    http://www.andymcinroy.com/0907note.htm

Westbury

Wow, this goes on my list of places to visit, for sure. Well captured, Murder Hole is a fantastic shot.

Pitmatic

very impressive you had a very productive day indeed there well done andy :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.