Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

The Half-Moon Swimming Club

Homepage Forums General Photography Low Fidelity Photography The Half-Moon Swimming Club

• This topic is empty.

The Half-Moon Swimming Club

• Seoirse

About half way along the South Great Wall you come across the Half Moon Swimming and Water Polo Club.

This club has been home to some of the hardiest sea-swimmers in Ireland for many years. Lovely place to take a dip on a nice day but when the wind blows it’s mighty cold !

All pictures taken with DIY 5×4 camera. Film is Fomapan 100 developed in Rodinal 1:100 for 30 minutes semi stand.

[url]
    Half-Moon Swimming Club 1 by George Sheils (seoirseosial), on Flickr

[url]
    Half-Moon Swimming Club 2 by George Sheils (seoirseosial), on Flickr

[url
    Half-Moon Swimming Club 3 by George Sheils (seoirseosial), on Flickr][/url]

Isabella
    Participant

Hi George!

already commented over in f295, but i’ll say it again anyway, Great work as always!

I think you have mentioned before that foma is very slow is it? i have a DIY lens (no aperture, no shutter) that ive been using with some ancient Tmax 100 but my “shutter” (2 darkslides held with a space between and slide over the top as per Jim Galli) is a wee bit too slow for it… seeking very slow film!

though 2 is my favourite number one is really growing on me, i like the misty distance of the steps. they seem quite nostalgic…

Mardai24
    Participant

The 1+3 are nice but no. 2, is the WOW one for me. I keep going back to it. Nicely shot.

Seoirse

Isabella and Mardai,

Apologies for the slow response but I have been away for a while.

Many thanks for your kind words, both of you. Isabella, yes Fomapan 100 is quite affected by reciprocity when you go to exposures of more than 1 second or slower. I reference a reciprocity compensation table which I have found to be very accurate and you can find it here:

http://consumptive.org/technical/Fomapan_100_Schwarzchild_Effect.pdf” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

So, for example if my meter says that my exposure with fomapan 100 is 4 seconds, I give it 19 seconds. If it says 6 seconds, I give it 36 seconds, and so on. I find it to be very accurate way of compensating for the slowness of this particular film. This brings advantages for me when I want to maximise the effect of movement in a scene or if, indeed I don’t want moving things to record at all !

I reckon it would be a great help for you with your ‘shutter’.

Mark
    Keymaster

George,

This is really good work. Am enjoying these pinhole photos you’ve been posting.
    I really need to get my act together and use the unused pinholes I have at home :)

Cheers
    Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.