Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

The caves complete – Bruce’s cave finally p...

Homepage Forums Photo Critique Landscape The caves complete – Bruce’s cave finally photographed

• This topic is empty.

The caves complete – Bruce’s cave finally photographed

• andy mcinroy
    Participant

Big thanks to Liam McFaul (Rathlin Coastguard officer) who guided me into Bruce’s cave on Rathlin Island this morning.

This was the 3rd attempt at getting into this famous cave. We had 2 previous attempts which had to be cancelled due to bad weather. Today it was like glass and we made our move.

Still loads of procesing to do. But here’s some first edits. The project would not have been complete without it.

A non-HDR photo from the moving boat.

Etching 1851

Postcard 1905

sean1098

Good to see you finally got it done Andy.

Sean.

miki g
    Participant

Well done Andy. It looks a lot wider in the photo, I assume this is due to wear & tear by the sea.

Martin
    Participant

Congrats Andy, very well done, very happy for you

KWBarbs
    Participant

Well done Andy, good to see you got there at laast.

mgst
    Participant

Well done andy looking forward to the final edit.

Mick

andy mcinroy
    Participant

Thanks everyone,

I’ve been having some trouble with the haze in the cave mouth.

What do you think of this edit?

Does the haze in the original add anything? or is this more contrasty version better?

mgst
    Participant

I like the more contrasty version.

Mkick

Deebo
    Participant

Great work, second shot works best for me
    Did you see the land of the volcanoe last night, that was on scary cave, plus 2 miles in on last nights show
    Dee

andy mcinroy
    Participant

Thanks for that feedback, it sounds like I’m on the right track.

Deebo, yes there has been some good adventure on TV lately. ‘Land of the Volcano, Into the Wild and also the Daredevils wingsuit episode. I also enjoyed ‘Man on Wire’ which was on a few weeks ago.

Yes, that cave was spectacular. What did you make of those horrible little white parasites? I wouldn’t have wanted them anywhere near me. I’d be scared of them getting into places they shouldn’t. The amazing thing about the cave was the way they were able to film it right to the end. It must have taken some camerawork and lighting to get that done. I just wonder how much of it was scripted and pre-planned? Probably more than was shown.

Andy

Deebo
    Participant

Hi Andy
    Yes, some superb shows on at the minutes, hooked most of them on HD too, so even better. Have the daredevil show to watch to night after footy training.
    Yes, those parisites were nasty – poor crab. I reckon that is what made Chris sick and forced him out of the cave first time around. That cave was superb indeed and I am sure they would have liked to seen this emerge into a full on waterfall spraying out of the mountain. The part where the chased it down into the end of the road left me with my heart in my mouth. One slip and it was goodnight vienna for them.

Dee

Sodafarl

Andy, Well done and congratulations on completing the set.
    Keep missing all those programmes yes I know I have sky + but there is always Iplayer.

Soda

PeteW

Congratulations on adding this one to the list ! I personally like the eerie haze in the first one, but technically I would say the second is better.

Maybe I’m reading too much Stephen King lately, but are those bones in the foreground ???!!!

What next for Capt Caveman ?

truly a great project andy!

5faythe
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Well done to you and may I wish you continued success.

I really like the first shot haze and all.

Then you posted the second shot and it’s the usual dilemma when
    viewing two versions of the same scene.

I think both are very good but I also feel there is something about
    the first one that makes me like it more.

Of course the story behind the images adds to their value.

Cheers.

John.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.