Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Sprocket hole photography

Homepage Forums General Photography Low Fidelity Photography Sprocket hole photography

• This topic is empty.

Sprocket hole photography

• pallotron
    Participant

Here are my last experiments with the sprocket hole photography, i’ve loaded few 35mm in my holga 120N, following this video on youtube:

[youtube:1quu7ngf]AK9iBKoQYik[/youtube:1quu7ngf]

All the frames turned out to have a big redish stain at the centre. 2 layers of black tape ARE NOT ENOUGH!!!! Just in case you guys want to experiment with this now you know this. It is a nice technique, you have to keep attention when composing bearing in mind that there will be nothing exposed for 20% of the space above and below the centre (depending if you are taking portrait or landscape).
    I’ve converted them to B/W digitally to remove the stain, in other color shot i’ve just played with saturation, channels etc.
    hope you like them.

#0 this one shows the big stain:

Full set, as usual, on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pallotron/sets/72157623681035437/detail/

Martin
    Participant

Nice set of pictures. Worth the effort. Hard to pick a favorite. The Jesus on the cross one and the last two would be my favorites. Nice panoramic type look to them

Well done
    M

pallotron
    Participant

thanks Martin,

i’ve found a little bit tricky to scan those negatives with my EPSON v600, difficult to completely flatten them… you cannot use the 35mm transparency unit…

aoluain
    Participant

nice!

i like this concept, i tried it before myself but the results were poor.

must try it again!

hard to pick a fav allright, probably 3 or 4 for me!

well done

Rog

Cool images, great idea.
    Have to give this a go.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Rog

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.