Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

South Kildare Photography Club (In Newbridge)

Homepage Forums Gear & Links Camera Clubs South Kildare Photography Club (In Newbridge)

• This topic is empty.

South Kildare Photography Club (In Newbridge)

• joe_elway
    Participant

Hi folks,

South Kildare Photography Club has been started. It meets every second Thursday in Newbridge at 8PM. The website is http://southkildarephoto.wordpress.com/. You can contact us at southkildarephoto gmail com.

All are welcome: beginners, veterans, point’n’shoots, medium format and all points between.

Aidan.

SullenGrl

geez that was quick.
    Unfortunately can’t attend the meetings as I’m on evenings every other week that the club meets. My shift should change after Christmas, so I’ll probably join then. Have you guys thought about holding the meetings at the Riverbank arts centre? I vaguely remember an article in the paper where they were talking about supporting artistic groups and all that. Might be something to look into if you haven’t already.

Mark
    Keymaster

Well done Aidan !. I’ll put up a notice in the newsletter about it.

joe_elway
    Participant

Mark: Thanks! We really appreciate the help!

SullenGrl: Doh! Hopefully something will work itself out for you. We’re looking at a few places in the area at the moment including the Riverbank. We’ve queries sent out to them.

Gerry Kerr
    Participant

Well done Aiden,

I’ll get this posted on the IPF website as well – Are you interested in affiliating with the IPF?

Gerry

jaqian
    Participant
    stcstc

offshoot in dalkey is missing from that list, but there is a list on the IPF website

http://www.irishphoto.ie

joe_elway
    Participant

The club will be having it’s first meeting of 2009 at 8PM on January 15th at Lumville House ( http://www.lumvillehouse.com/lumville/map.htm ). This meeting will be used to plan events for the coming months. New members of all skill levels are welcome.

Eddie
    Participant

Congrats on getting the club up and running, you have a good well organised calendar which is the most important focal point for a new club. To get new members we in Clondalkin CC put a small stand with a few photographs in the local shopping centre once a year. Its generally over a weekend in September . Shortly afterwards they run a short weekend beginners course. Something like this might help increasse awareness locally.

joe_elway
    Participant

Eddie wrote:

Congrats on getting the club up and running, you have a good well organised calendar which is the most important focal point for a new club. To get new members we in Clondalkin CC put a small stand with a few photographs in the local shopping centre once a year. Its generally over a weekend in September . Shortly afterwards they run a short weekend beginners course. Something like this might help increasse awareness locally.

Thanks for the tip. We did a bit of work over the holidays and thanks to a few of the members doing some sterling work, numbers went from 12 to 32. It’s also a great mix from teenagers to older members, beginners to advanced and all points inbetween.

We’re always open so new members are always welcome!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.