Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Public liability insurance

Homepage Forums General Photography Photography Business Public liability insurance

• This topic is empty.

Public liability insurance

• johnnycorcoran
    Participant

Who is the best person to go to about the Public liability insurance?

Is the Public liability insurance depend on my cameras and lenses or depend on how many wedding / portrait a year?

I have just one wedding that want me to do in the castle but the castle asking if I have Public liability insurance. :-S

paul
    Participant

I get all my insurance cover from http://www.camerainsurance.ie. Best place to try. Ask for Derek, and you can say I gave the recommendation.

The PL cover depends on the value of cover you require. For me, I got €7.2m cover. It has nothing to do with how many events you do, nor what equipment you have.

I think any photographer working in public is mad not to have cover, and leaves them personally liable for any costs/claims.

GCP
    Participant

I have mine through my Studio (Shop) Policy from Aviva. As Paul says it’s a must nowadays and all public areas, OPW Sites (parks, castles, etc.)and even some churches and hotels are now looking for a copy before allowing me work in them. I was a bit annoyed at first when I had to copy the policy to give to a church that requires it but then two years ago I saw the altar in a church go on fire (the cloths, etc) where the couple had used a large quantity of candles and the cloths caught fire. I was thinking if I had knocked one of them over it would have been my fault.

johnnycorcoran
    Participant

Cheers! Just send a email for a quote a moment ago.. Next week will be my 30th Weddings (4 years) and no one asked about those “Public liability insurance”, BUT I think I should get one on a safe side!

damiend
    Participant

I asked for a insurance quote from camerainsurance for PI back in Jan after filling out their online form and then another couple of PM’S on this site which the last one said ” I’ll get one of the girls on it today” meaning Jan 20th I never heard another word- so a few weeks later I called Towergate and was covered within the hour ( never heard back from camera insurance… might be better going to a company that actually wants your business I sometimes wonder what the service would have been like from camera insurance after they got my cash- if the experience before they got it left a lot to be desired

Balfey1972
    Participant

Damien

Firstly apologies for the mix up. There was another quote in on the same day from another Damien and this is where the confusion arose on my part. All the quotes are received personally by me that are submitted through our website. I’ll be first to hold my hand up and apologise.

We do pride ourselves on our service, particularly our claims settlement. We have a large number of photographers and videographers insured here in Ireland and one thing we try to do is offer a first class service from a local provider.

I agree that this this not happen in your case and as a fellow photographer I can totally understand your disappointment. I will personally contact you in advance of your renewal next year and provide you with a quote if you are interested at that stage.

Derek.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.