Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Pricing interior design job

Homepage Forums General Photography Photography Business Pricing interior design job

• This topic is empty.

Pricing interior design job

• MikeCel
    Participant

I’ve recently had interest from a local interior designer who needs photography done for her portfolio / website. She, like me, is just starting out as self-employed and has yet to have decent photos done.

I see some photographers charging e.g. 150 – 300e per image and upwards of course for higher end clients. I want to give her a good deal as there is the potential for more work from her in the future but at the same time I don’t want to be the guy who undercuts other photographers, nor do I want to sell myself short. At the same time this is a step up for me (I’ve been doing real-estate for about 4 months) and I even wince at charging 150 per image. I know she doesn’t expect it to cost that much, either.

Any suggestions?

Ashley
    Participant

MikeCel wrote:

Any suggestions?

Are you talking about 10+ years ‘web use only’ or are you talking about 1 years ‘web use only’ ?
    And if that’s for 10+ years, then what would it be for just 1 year ??

Because for example, the price a local Hotel would quote her for 1 nights B&B per person (or for the use of the thing that they own) would probably not be the same as 10+ nights B&B per person.

So when quoting a price for the Rights to use your images, just be sure to let her know how many images you are talking about, the Media use you are talking about, the Period of use you are talking about and the Territory of use you are talking about – because the fee would normally be based on that information – just in the same way as a Hotel for example would do, if she were to ask them for a price, to use what they could provide her with.

Cheers
    Ashley.

MikeCel
    Participant

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the advice. I ended up giving a very cheap quote. It’s just about getting my foot in the door with interior designers at the moment. To be honest I don’t even think that she’s aware of image rights and licensing. I’ve a feeling that she just thinks that I give her the photos and that’s it; they’re hers. I’ll see where it goes, anyway. As I said, I’m just starting out so I need all the experience I can get.

Thanks,

Mike

Ashley
    Participant

If it had been me, this is what I would be asking her beforehand to pay me to sign…

.. so as she could then legally use my images, after I had agreed to hire myself to create them.

So the more boxes that she would want me to tick, then the more I would be asking her to pay me, for the Rights to use some images like this:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.