Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Please recommend a Scanner for 120 Negs.

Homepage Forums General Photography Film Photography Please recommend a Scanner for 120 Negs.

• This topic is empty.

Please recommend a Scanner for 120 Negs.

• brianciaran
    Participant

I am looking for a Scanner that will scan old Medium format Black and White Negs, colour Slides and Colour 35mm Film. Some time ago a few you kindly informed souls responded to my original post recommending the Epson V500. Despite many searches I cannot get one here in Irl at a reasonable Price, this Scanner is now obsolete and the best I can see is €320 approx incl. the VAT which is pretty hefty…Does anyone know of any alternative that would match my requirements above that might be a little cheaper?. Have lots of B&W Negs of Family from the 1930’s upwards that I would love to get digitised. Or do I need to make this investment in order to get the Scanner that matches my requirements above? All advice appreciated.

Thanks folks,

Brian

dubtom
    Participant

Hi Brian, I just today ordered a v600 from elara for 280 incl vat,I had originally looked for the 550 but no one locally had them and they were priced around 250, so it was a surprise to see the 600 for about 70 euro cheaper than advertised elsewhere. They also had the 550 for around 220 I think it was with free delivery or pickup,their in parkwest.

maroo
    Participant

dubtom wrote:

Hi Brian, I just today ordered a v600 from elara for 280 incl vat,I had originally looked for the 550 but no one locally had them and they were priced around 250, so it was a surprise to see the 600 for about 70 euro cheaper than advertised elsewhere. They also had the 550 for around 220 I think it was with free delivery or pickup,their in parkwest.

Hi Did you try your scanner with some negs!?
    how is the final quality of the digital immages!?

Thanks.

Piero

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.