Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Pixel Knights & 5DmkIII

Homepage Forums Gear & Links Photography Equipment Lighting Pixel Knights & 5DmkIII

• This topic is empty.

Pixel Knights & 5DmkIII

• pullandbang

I’ve been using Pixel Knight triggers for some time now on my Canon MkII’s. I now have a 5DmkIII and the bloody things won’t work on it. The transmitter is talking to the receiver which in turn is partially taking to the flash in that I can change the power etc, but it just won’t fire the flash.

Any ideas?

miki g
    Participant

If you are using a connecting lead from camera to trigger, check that it is not broken or that the connection is not loose. I have several leads (all of the same type & wired the same), but for some reason unknown to me, only one will work with my 7D. I reckon that the connector contacts are loose fitting, as I’ve used a multi tester on them & they are not broken. If the triggers are multi channel, make sure that they are on the same channel for transmitting and receiving and that they are properly connected to camera and flash.

pullandbang

I’m not using any connector lead. The transmitter sits on the hot shoe and the receivers sit under the flashes. I’ve two transmitters and I can take them directly off either of my MkII’s (where they both work perfectly) and fit either of them to the MkIII and nothing. Flashes refuse to fire!

miki g
    Participant

The only other thing I can think of is to check the transmitter pins to the hotshoe of the camera. I don’t think Canon have changed anything between the MKii’s and MKiii’s connection-wise, unless there is something in the menu under flash control? Test-fire the flash directly from the hotshoe to ensure it will fire normally.

Oops: I forgot the obvious, check the batteries in the transmitter / receivers. :oops:

pullandbang

Just found out that they’re not compatible with the MkIII :-(
    Think I’ll sell them and get some Cactus Triggers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.