Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Picture This – Channel 4

Homepage Forums General Photography Digital Photography Picture This – Channel 4

• This topic is empty.

Picture This – Channel 4

• rerun

Haven’t seen anything posted here about this show that started last night on CH4, http://www.channel4.com/picturethis. Six amateur photographers competing for the prize of a show and a book deal. Two were cut last night. I’d be interested to hear what other people thought about it if they saw it.

ryan52

Yes I saw it also and found it very good. Will definitely be watching the rest (Thank God for Sky+ recording). Any program about photography on the TV is most welcome because they are so rare.

Pat

SANCHO

absolutely, very rare indeed. bbc 3 or bbc 4 had some good shows recently about “the genius of photography” and there was another one on recently with that Tom Ang fella and he and some students were testing out different cameras. Would be nice if there was a full on dedicated show like Top Gear but with cameras :D

monty
    Participant

Why on earth did liz win!
    the other girl’s photo’s were 10x better, the lighting, the emotions, the shadows, everything about her’s were better.
    Whats anyone else’s views on the photo’s?

positron

I missed first half of the program, but I agree the library shots looked much better than liz’s, but I think one of the reasons judges pointed out was that her series of images were excellent but didn’t bring out the character of the library hence failed to achieve the actual project objective, where as Liz’s shots, though technically not so good, did a good job of story telling or something like that! I don’t know if she can do the same in a project thats not so personal though – and I am think the other girl certainly can!

rerun

monty wrote:

Why on earth did liz win!
    the other girl’s photo’s were 10x better, the lighting, the emotions, the shadows, everything about her’s were better.
    Whats anyone else’s views on the photo’s?

To be honest, I didn’t like either. But the library ones? What emotions? They were so obviously staged, set ups. Not exactly “the decisive moment”. I bet she’d be a great fashion photographer, but the stuff Liz dealt with in her series was incredibly heavy subject matter. That said, in using the same subject for the show and book, I think she may have over-egged the subject matter. It will be interesting to see if we ever hear of her again and what subjects she is shooting.

monty
    Participant

Well yeh, maybe it did look a bit staged but the quality of the photo’s were definitely betterr. I agree wiith you, they were both pretty crap(not that I’m one to speak!) but you would think the one with the photog degree and the rest of it could have made up something a bit nicer, maybe some nice angles or macroing.
    I betcha that we’ll never hear of her again…like big brother but photog style and maybe the people in it aren’t aass annoying..after all that would be hhard :D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.