Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

peoples photography

• This topic is empty.

peoples photography

• gerryg
    Participant

Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone has exhibited at the peoples photography in Dublin or if anyone intends to. I booked my first slot last month and I havent a clue how to hang my exhibits….any thoughts,
    Gerryg

ciaran
    Participant

This answer isn’t going to help you much… I just came across your site yesterday and am well impressed. I’m also a regular visitor to the gallery.. so can’t wait to see your exhibit. Sorry I can’t help with some answers.

Best of luck with the exhibit

gerryg
    Participant

Thanks Ciaran, my gallery membership expired ages ago……am on a very long finger. Have you ever had a look at the photography section of the ngi bookshop. They have some fantastic {and expensive},books there on most styles…Take a look sometime.
    Gerryg

rymus

Hey Gerry, I’m exhibiting at that. The only advice I can give you is bring pegs, string and something to keep the prints dry should it rain.

Mark
    Keymaster

I think that Eddie in here is the organiser or an organising member of the event

Eddie
    Participant

Gerry

Here is a link with some information on displaying images.
    http://www.peoples-photography.com/The_Expo/Suggestions/suggestions.html

It really depends on what you intend displaying, size , are they mounted, framed.

I always present mounted prints. Each year i might display in a different way. Last year i bought some cellophane the type the florist uses in a roll. I wrapped each image in the cellophane and then hung them with bluetack. This allowed good placement of the images and also quick placement. It also protected them from wind and rain. This worked really well. I am using the same method this year. The cellophane is cheap from a flower wholesaler beside the fruit market.

This method does give your prints some protection but to be extra sure bring a sheet of plastic that you can place behind the prints and over the railings, you then roll up the front piece and stick it in the top of the railings. If it rains you just pull it down and peg it.

Eddie

Eddie
    Participant

Gerry

Checked your website and noticed you work professionally. Do bring business cards. The public often come across the exhibition by accident and many photographers do generate business at a later date. If the weather is good we get a hugh audience.

gerardk
    Participant

gerryg wrote:

Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone has exhibited at the peoples photography in Dublin or if anyone intends to. I booked my first slot last month and I havent a clue how to hang my exhibits….any thoughts,
    Gerryg

I am at that as well – and in the same boat re how to mount/display them. This weekend is probably a good time to get a move on with getting those prints done so I will probably get to sorting how to display them next week. Whereabouts are you ? Think I am 314 on the eastside.

gerryg
    Participant

I”m getting a bit edgy latley, I havent been given details of my spot yet. I’ve just emailed now and I will let you all know it when I get it. Thanks for the link Eddie…..

gerryg
    Participant

Just got my spot by email. I’m no113, just opposite the Shelbourne hotel yipppieeeeeee.
    Jeez I just pray for dry weather…hope to see some of you guys around the square on the weekend.
    Thanks for all the advice.
    Gerryg……….

Madthing
    Participant

Hey guys. I am a bit late applying for a slot I really hope Im not too late. It will be my first time displaying images and I dont really know what to display. I really want to sell some work. I think Eddie’s idea is the best. Im not sure how much to invest on framing etc….. any thoughts??

Eddie
    Participant

Madthing.

The Peoples Photography is firstly an exhibition, it is a great opportunity to have your work seen by the public, and also an opportunity to exchange ideas with other photographers. There will be approx 250 photographers displaying their work on the weekend. If you are lucky you may sell one or two images. Please do not spend a fortune on frames on your first exhibition. I always talk down the selling part because selling photography is difficult especially with 250 photographers on the green. Do get some business cards with you website and phone number, and do give mail adresses from the public if you may be able to do some work for them in the future. Best of luck.

Your landscapes will be liked i am sure, maybe make a few small prints and if you can mount them ,all the better.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.