Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Not dropped in for a while……

Homepage Forums General Photography The Lounge Not dropped in for a while……

• This topic is empty.

Not dropped in for a while……

• shutterbug
    Participant

It has been a while, seem to have lost the photography bug for quite a time now, but feel like something is missing so I am going to make an effort to get back behind the camera.
    I sold most of my camera gear a while back as when my Dad died I had all of his gear which was basically a carbon copy of what I already had, so I thought not much point in keeping it all. I decided to have a complete change so bye bye Nikon and hello Fuji. I bought a Fuji XT2 and a collection of lenses in the hope that my mojo would return, it didnt….much. I left the camera club too which seemed to make a bigger void.
    I find the Fuji good and it is a whole lot lighter than the Nikon, but I still feel the Nikon has the edge quality wise, but maybe as my enthusiasm has waned I have not give the Fuji a good chance to prove itself.
    So I feel I need a bit of a push, any suggestions greatly received, I am sure many of you have been down this path, what did you do to get back on the photography trail?
    Also interested in hearing if any have done the Nikon to Fuji move and how they rate it?

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Jenny,

Lovely to see you on. Very very sorry to hear about your Dad!

Real life, family, kids sport, work, age etc makes it hard to make the time to get out. I do go for months and months without taking photos. The only thing that helps really my motivation is meeting up with others for a couple of days.

I do take photos for our local soccer club (15 teams and various events) which ends up being more work than fun if I’m honest so I don’t count this as engaging in photography.

That said, I’m planning this summer to make a real big effort to get out. I just need to make it happen. I upgraded to full frame at the end of last year and I’ve just ordered a continuous ink system from Fotospeed which arrives tomorrow. Plan is that printing my stuff might motivate me to take more. Here’s hoping :)

shutterbug
    Participant

Hey Mark, good to see the site is still going strong, I know life gets in the way and probably laziness too, it is to easy to say “i’ll do it tomorrow” instead of getting out there. Dad was a big part of the photography, there was a lot of competition there :lol: He had a good innings as they say.
    Here’s to some good weather to encourage us out :lol:

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Jenny,

Well the site is going just about. Even I don’t come here too often lol.

Only for meeting up with ossie13, steved and colgo 1-2 times a year, I’d never get out lol.
    Reminds me that its time to get another outing going soon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.