Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Northern Ireland

• This topic is empty.

Northern Ireland

• Tibor

Hi guys,

I’m planning a trip to Northern Ireland next week (2 days only I’m afraid). I’ll definitely visit the dark hedges but I was wondering what else would you all suggest along the coast to photograph? I’m hoping to get some wild, rough, dramatic shots. Any suggestions? Ill be driving up from Dublin on day one and come back the day after. Not sure which direction should I start? Belfast or the west coast? I’m not interested in the giants causeway nor the rope bridge, not really into the touristy stuff, done that tour already. Also if anyone has any suggestion for a super cheap b&b up there this time of the year, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

v4honda

Explore County Down, Mourne Mountains, Strangford Lough etc

Weeman

Try the coast road from Newry this will take you to narrow water Castle and views of Carlingford Lough at Warrenpoint on to Kilkeel (fishing town, visit the harbour) on to Newcastle, you will pass the Mourne Mountains on your left good mountain views. Dundrum next, old castle and mud flats for bird shots. On to Downpatrick (Cathedral) then Killyleagh (Norman style Castle) head on to Comber maybe call at Castle Espie nature reserve on your way. From Comber good views of Scrabo Tower at Newtownards. Travel to Belfast you will pass Stormont ( houses the political assembly) Belfast has plenty of areas for shots , Titannic area etc.
    On to dark hedges after that.

If you want more just ask.

regards Wee Man
    I

Weeman

How did your trip go? Post some shots please.

regards Wee Man

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.