Exact matches only

North Wexford clubs

Homepage Forums Gear & Links Camera Clubs North Wexford clubs

• This topic is empty.

North Wexford clubs

• np72
    Participant

Hi,

I was just wondering if Enniscorthy is the only camera club in North Wexford, and if anyone here is a member?

brendancullen
    Participant

Hi NP.

I’ve just joined the Tommy Byrne Society in Arklow.

http://www.tbpsarklow.com/

Not sure if any in Gorey or Courtown.

Heres a list of nationwide clubs.
    http://irishphoto.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=23

Ciao
    bren
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brencullen/

np72
    Participant

Thanks for that Brendan. I have asked in a camera shop in Gorey, about 2 years ago, they had not heard of one in the area, and I never followed it up at the time. I may check out the one you mention in Arklow, as it is a little closer that Enniscorthy, though may check out Enniscorthy too.

Mark
    Keymaster

Nigel,

If its not in our list here on the site which also contains non-affiliated clubs, then I’d say
    that there aren’t any others…

np72
    Participant

Thanks for that Mark, in a roundabout way, I was coming to that conclusion, as I had looked through the list, but thought I would ask on the remotest chance one might have started recently that had not been added to the list yet. Guess I’ll give Arklow a try, as it’s possibly the nearest place with a listed club.

joe_elway
    Participant

If there isn’t one then my recommendation is that you try find some other locals on here and elsewhere and start one. A bunch of us did that in Newbridge about 20 months ago to start South Kildare P.C. In no time we had a decent sized club meeting in the local parish centre. Prior to that there hadn’t been a local club in donkey’s years.

np72
    Participant

How easy is a club to set up and run? I’ve never been involved in one before, so I have no idea how to go about it.

steelydan
    Participant

All you have to do is make sure you have a commitee and an agenda for meetings/ Code of conduct/

Then the hardest thing is the Program content. have a look at what other camera clubs are doing and take ideas from them.

Our program is available for download on the club site as a PDF file. Feel free to take a copy and use some of our ideas and that will help you get your program together. One more thing is affilation to the IPF as a club and you can avail of the competitions/ distinctions etc of the IPF (Irish Photographic Federation)

Other than that, all you need area few members interested in photography and willingto make a club grow.

Program is at http://www.waterfordcameraclub.com” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false; its under “waterford camera club news”

thedarkroom
    Participant

There’s a camera club set up in Gorey some months back and they meet up in the Loch Garman Arms every second Thursday at 8 o’clock. It’s new and finding its feet but has a good bunch of enthusiastic members and well worth getting involved. They’re organising meeting up with various clubs around the county and are planning various competitions and trips. They have a Facebook page, if you did a search for it you should find it easy enough. I’ve been to a few meetings but haven’t been involved that much as I tend to get home late from work. If you need more info on how to get in touch, send me a pm and I can pass on more contact details.
    David O’C

np72
    Participant

Thanks for that David, and sorry for the late reply, I don’t know why but I haven’t been in here for quite a while, I’ll send you a note.

deniseb
    Participant

Hello
    just found this thread, can you let me know when the next Gorey club meeting is, I am moving to Gorey this week and would be interested in participating…..

thanks Denise

thedarkroom
    Participant

Hi Denise, the AGM was last Thursday, 10th of October, in the Loch Garman Arms. I wasn’t at it but I reckon that the next meeting will then be on in the same location on Thursday 24th at 8pm. It’s held upstairs but if you ask at the bar they will point you in the right direction. I can’t guarantee that this is correct because the AGM had been rescheduled from the previous week to accommodate a guest lecture. I won’t be there myself as I am always late out of work on a Thursday but if I hear anything other than the above time I’ll post it here for you. If you’re passing the Loch Garman you could drop in and ask at the counter.
    Good luck, David

deniseb
    Participant

Thanks for the response David – I have moved but only just have access to the internet regretfully a day after the last meeting – I will call into the Loch Garman Arms to find out when the next meeting is

thedarkroom
    Participant

The next meeting is on the 7th of November.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.