Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Nikon 70 – Complete failure of autofocus function...

Homepage Forums General Photography General Photography Discussions Nikon 70 – Complete failure of autofocus functions

• This topic is empty.

Nikon 70 – Complete failure of autofocus functions

• Puckpics

Hi Folks,

It’s been a while since I posted to the PhotographyIreland group but I’ve a problem that does not seem to have an easy fix. Hence I would use some advice and suggestions as to what is wrong with my Camera.

My camera is a Nikon D70 that I think has shot anything up to 60,000 frames (i.e. it has restarted numbering up to 6 times since I bought it new).

It was working perfectly up until the 22nd March this year when I took it on a Shoot Experience night photography photo walk in London (by the way I can’t recommend them highly enough).

The next weekend I headed to Brighton.

No auto-focus function…

I’ve tried every combination of AF setting. I’ve tried each lens. I’ve made sure that I’m body AF + lens AF modes.

No AF.

I’ve sought the advice of a colleague who uses Nikon cameras professionally. I’ve been the Park Cameras in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.

Even they have never seen this problem before.

Manual focus still works perfectly. Exposure control still works perfectly. Aperture Control still works perfectly.

I’m loath to go and buy another camera and I’ve too heavily invested in Nikon to come out of Nikon’s system.

Does anyone have any idea on what could have gone wrong and if it is fixable.

Any ideas as to what could be up. Has anyone had this problem themselves?

Please feel free to follow me on Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/puckpics/

Thanks ever so much for any help and assistance that can be given with this problem – I’ve found that this group is full of excellent people who have always come up with the goods in the past.

Regards,

Puckpics

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.