Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Nikon 18-55 Non VR vs. VR lens

Homepage Forums General Photography General Photography Discussions Nikon 18-55 Non VR vs. VR lens

• This topic is empty.

Nikon 18-55 Non VR vs. VR lens

• Jmcc99_98
    Participant

Hi newbie here to the DSLR world.

I am just about to buy my first dslr, a Nikon d3200

It is being offered with a non VR lens, I’m just wondering will this make a massive difference to me as a beginner? ie am I better looking around for a deal with a VR lens. (I’m buying secondhand)

I will be using it to begin with mostly for shots of the kids, maybe some landscape and also taking some shots at running events.

I don’t want to get a lens that will give me poor results and quell my enthusiasm, but at the same time I don’t want to be worrying about something that might have little or no effect on me, especially as a beginner.

I would really appreciate any advice you could give me

ossie13
    Participant

Hi and welcome to the site!

I am a Nikon user, but have no experience of either lens, but would say this always invest in the best lens you can afford, because you will upgrade your camera but keep your “glass”.

You say you will will taking some shots at running events in which case the VR lens will be better, but both are at the wider end of the lens spectrum, so perhaps a 18-140mm or 18-200 (which I used for many years and was more than happy with the results). Of course budget will prevail, but look on Adverts/Ebay you might be able to pick up a decent second hand model. Also check the secondhand sections of Bermingham/Conns etc..

All the best regards Steve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.