Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

My attempt at a portrait…

Homepage Forums Photo Critique People My attempt at a portrait…

• This topic is empty.

My attempt at a portrait…

• Mark
    Keymaster

…or person shot. Not my forte, much find some books on the subject.
    Let me have it Ciaran :lol:

LoGill
    Participant

I think the expression is priceless :lol: Might benefit from cropping to remove the blown sky and whacking up the contrast a bit…

Lor

Mark
    Keymaster

Thanks Lor,

I’ll give that a shot and see how I get on

ciaran
    Participant

I think Lorraine has pretty much said it all. Compositionally it’s great and his expression is great, so well done on capturing it. When all is said and done, shooting people is usually about capturing a special moment and you’ve definitely done it here. The shot does need more contrast, but nothing a quick levels adjustment wouldnt fix – drag in the black point quite a bit.

As for the blown sky, ideally it wouldn’t be there, but I think cropping it out will change the shot for the worst in terms of feel and composition. It’s too late now, but if you get a chance to shoot something like this again, either try and avoid sky in the shot or use flash. That way you can use the camera to expose for the background and ambient light and the flash to expose for the subject.

Nice shot :)

Mark
    Keymaster

Changed the contrast, a bit better I think. :)

Fajitas
    Participant

Contrast is much better on the second shot, could do with a tad more. Maybe!

I think if you cropped off to where…like…The grass just starts underneath the football. You’ll have a lot more impact I think!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.