Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Must have iPad or Android tablet apps?

Homepage Forums General Photography The Lounge Must have iPad or Android tablet apps?

• This topic is empty.

Must have iPad or Android tablet apps?

• Mark
    Keymaster

Seems like a good few people are starting to get tablets these days, so was wondering
    what apps they’d recommend having on theirs :)

A few of my faves are:
    Evernote – note taking, diary type app. Can access via a browser on PC also
    Flipboard – mash up of twitter, facebook, flickr, 500px several photo sites, news – all sorts…
    Twitter – tweet, tweet
    Paper 53 – wonderful drawing app, love it.
    Sketchbook Pro – pretty good with loads of control/options – more complex than Paper 53 which I prefer due to its simplicity.
    GarageBand – awesome especially if you’ve got some musical talent which I seem to lack :)

I’ve not done anything photographic on the iPad but Photoshop Express seems very good.

davedunne
    Participant

I use these apps regularly

Pocket (Formally Read It Later) – saves web articles to read later. Can strip off all of the fluff (ads, banners, links) so only the article is presented. Works offline so you can catch up on a plane for example. Also useful when reading articles that are multi paged (or RSS feeds that have a “More…” link). It will try to download the whole thing. Many other apps will integrate with Pocket.

Flipboard – I use this to read my RSS feed (connected to Google Reader). Integrates with Pocket. (Doesn’t work great on Android Tablets however).

Evernote – For saving quick temporary notes on the go. I use MS OneNote for more longer term notes (as offline access is free with OneNote)

Tripit – Travel organizer – You can email your travel plans to it and it organizes everything so its easy to find.

Pixelle

Tapatalk, which I use for getting speedy updates of PI on the iPhone.

Mark
    Keymaster

Pocket sounds interesting.
    Ah yes Tapatalk, have it on my android phone. Handy alright

FrankC
    Participant

Dropbox – indespensible

PennyTration

Pixelle wrote:

Tapatalk, which I use for getting speedy updates of PI on the iPhone.

I also using Iphone. some one help that how to getting speedy updates of p1 ?

Pixelle

The app for Tapatalk is on iTunes.

aoluain
    Participant

for film users >

Massive Dev Chart

http://www.digitaltruth.com/apps/” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

Martin
    Participant

A few apps that I uses regularly that have not already been listed

Free Apps:
    TuneIn Radio: Radio stations from all over the world including Ireland
    TV Listings: Whats on TV now and in the next few days
    Just Pictures: Handy little photo viewing tool, reads your flickr streams etc also
    Next Train: Train Times in Ireland
    Entertainment.ie: Not sure if its still available, great for whats on in the cinema, theatre etc
    Handcent SMS: An text message alternative viewer
    Rock Player: Plays video files, can basically play any format
    Pumps.ie: Finds you cheaper fuel for your car
    Cabbage: Free text messaging (uses your online quota)
    Sundroid: what time the sun rises and sets
    3G Watchdog: keeps slog of how much data you have used on your phone
    Calls Stats: Tells you how much time you have used up on your phone for the month
    Cycle Hire Pro: Dublin Bikes app
    Astro: File manager for your phone
    c:geo or Geocaching: Geocaching app
    FilmOn Free TV: Free TV from around the world
    Irish Flight: Arrival and departure times for flights in and out of irish airports
    Simple MP3: Free music, just type in the name of the song or artist you want and just download it for free

Paid for apps:
    Power Amp: A music player, its the best out there
    NetFlix: Films service
    Pluralsight: Online training for programmers working with Microsoft technologies
    Audible: Audio book reader

shutterbug
    Participant

New to all this iPad lark! I always said “wouldn’t be bothered with that, sure my laptop does all I need” then
    last Christmas I was presented with an iPad………after an initial wouldn’t use it, I find it is my constant companion!
    One app I love and find very useful is “The Photographers Epherimis” I can now find out moon/sun rise and set times
    On any day in any part of the world, including the angle it will set. It is invaluable in planning sunrise/sunset and
    moon rise/set photographic jaunts, and great for holidays where you can pre-plan where the best places are for
    early morning or late evening shots. Cost 7.99 but well worth it.

Mark
    Keymaster

Must check that one out Jenny, thanks

cathald
    Participant

The Photographers Epherimis is free for the pc and laptop but for a phone app it’s a paid service I’m too mean to pay for it so have it on the pc and it is great for getting sunset/rise moonset/rise directions

cathald
    Participant

google sky map is another one I use on the phone if your doing any sort of astro photography

pueblo

I really like Hipstamatic

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.