Lighthouse

• nfl-fan
    Participant

Site won’t take the 1024 version I have on Flickr… so soz about the size –

Mark
    Keymaster

fyi, it’ll take up to 800px wide…

PeteW

Hi nfl, couldn’t see your 1024 version on flickr either as the “all sizes” button isn’t there….

But from this size I would say that the nice calm blue of the sea and sky around the rocks is contrasted (perhaps a tad too much) by the light which dominates the picture (and to be honest it wouldn’t be much of a lighthouse if it didn’t !).

Would be good to see it bigger though.

shutterbug
    Participant

Ooh nice…..very atmospheric :) Would you care to share your settings?

nfl-fan
    Participant

Thanks gringos.

Pete – Aye, the lights are a bit bling alright. If the shutter speed was longer I could have put my hand over the lens when the beam passed to do a bit of burning but then my water would have turned to mush… rock and a hard place.

Jenny – 5D MKII, the cheapo Canon 50mm lens (aka the nifty fifty), ISO800, F8, 5 seconds.

Will try and arrange an 800px version shortly.

Cheers

nfl-fan
    Participant

This was resized to 800px from the 1024px version and not the original so it may not be the best quality –

justaguy
    Participant

Very Nice mister NFL
    I personally don’t think the light are to bling bling. Its a light house. Bling is what they are mentioned for

5faythe
    Participant

Hi John,

I think it’s a very good photograph and makes interesting viewing.
    It’s a familiar subject but I didn’t find myself thinking I’d seen it before.

I like the way the light is portrayed as it kinda demonstrates what the lighthouse does.

Nice composition too.

Cheers.

John.

BlindVision
    Participant

Great shot, i like the tranquil blue of the image, i also really like the effect of the waves crashing into the water just on the bottom left.

nfl-fan
    Participant

Thanks everyone!

I love the range of tones you have there in the rocks and the water. Very nice exposure all round and a lovely seascape.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.