Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Is there anybody out there…..

Homepage Forums General Photography The Lounge Is there anybody out there…..

• This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Mark.

Is there anybody out there…..

• Mark Stewart
    Participant

Hi Guys,

is anyone listening/watching. I can practically see the tumbleweed ?

It would appear that most of the forums have not had posts in months ? Is it Covid related or are people just not using the site as much ?

Anything I can do to generate some more interest or input I would be most willing to do.

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, its quiet. More a facebook pandemic instead of a covid one :D I’m not sure much can be done to entice people back to the forum/site. I’ve kept the site here running just in case though. I don’t like giving up lol

Hope all is well at your end?

By, got your tweet, the site should be fast. Images are all in the cloud and the rest of the site is hosted (shared) on fast SSD drives.

Mark Stewart
    Participant

All good Mark. Thanks for coming back to me. I had disappeared for a while but I am making a comeback. I’ll try and drum up some support for website. I’ll put a link to it on our club Facebook page

Charlene
    Participant

HI There, newbie signed up a little while back but seen it was quiet, must have felt the vibes, logged in to see this post. Dont give up just yet! There are a few of us left who dont live on facebook.

Mark
    Keymaster

This is how it starts back up again 😃

Welcome Charlene!

Back in our busiest time here you couldn’t keep up with the daily posts lol

Mark Stewart
    Participant

Hey Charlene,

welcome. Looking forward to seeing your photos. Whereabouts are you based ?

Charlene
    Participant

Thank You! I am based near Tullamore in Offaly. I have always loved taking photos and invested in a starter camera mid lockdown and have become very fond of it. Hoping to learn and get lots of feedback.

ETA: I spend a lot of time outdoors and like to take pictures of nature and my kids but have an interest in still life and street photography. I know the basics but I am still a bit of a novice when it comes to using the camera. So I spend a lot of time watching videos, reading forums and just experimenting really. I have a basic Nikon D3100 with a kit lens  and I just got a 35mm prime lens which I am loving using at the moment.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Charlene.
    Mark Stewart
    Participant

Get posting so… :)

Charlene
    Participant

Thanks Mark, I will find something nice and safe lol

Charlene
    Participant

I did upload some pics but I think they are still pending moderation…..

Mark Stewart
    Participant

Whereabouts did you post them ? There’s no moderation on the site. They appear up in the location they are posted immediately. Did you post them in Groups or Forums ?

Charlene
    Participant

Thats bizzare, I posted them in the Photo Critique forum in the nature and wildlife section. I could swear it said this post is pending moderation…also possible I am losing it.. will try reupload! Thanks Mark.

Charlene
    Participant

I tried again and got the same message, sorry I posted the same images twice now!

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi there. Thats strange. Not seen that before.

I’ve approved your 2 posts. I’ll dig into it a bit further. Please just message me on here if you run into any issues.

Thanks Mark

Charlene
    Participant

Thanks Mark, they were both the same post so you can remove one if you like, thanks for the help!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.