Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Insurance

• This topic is empty.

Insurance

• jonwright
    Participant

Need to get insurance quote and the usual PL & PI, tried emailing Steve at Photo-Shield but email keeps failing to go?
    Does anyone have a more up to date email or number for him please or recommend other places to try as so far quotes have been crazy!!
    many thanks
    Jon

Mark
    Keymaster

Jon,
    Steve is gone from Photo-Shield about a year or more now.

You could try camerainsurance.ie and mention we sent you.

jonwright
    Participant

Thanks Mark will do, I did give them a shout but it quote was quite high, just looking at Photo Shield site and even after converting to euro their plans are very good value, whether they still cover photographers here though.

paul
    Participant

I don’t know anyone who uses Photo-Shield any more. While their prices may be a bit better, you really need to look at their fine print. I know someone who put in a claim, and they pointed out that the camera gear was only covered during office hours, while the gear is out of office. Now, for an event photographer, sports photographer, photojournalist, etc, that is just insane and means you have very limited cover.

Give camerainsurance.ie a shout. Much much better terms.

jonwright
    Participant

thanks Paul, appreciate that, will give camerainsurance.ie a buzz again.

jonwright
    Participant
    beasley
    Participant

So, anyone have any other recommendations for insurance?
    After hitting a slight brick wall with camerinsurance.ie

paul
    Participant

beasley wrote:

After hitting a slight brick wall with camerinsurance.ie

Just curious … what brick wall??

Just want to bump this. Am looking for Insurance for my equipment. Problem is Camerainsurance only offer up to 30 day trip but my holiday is 31!!!!

Balfey1972
    Participant

Wildlifesnapper give us a call. A day extension can be done on referral to the underwriters.
    The standard is 30 days but we can tailor the policies with more specific details.
    If you ask for Elaine in the office on 01 8408060

Derek
    camerainsurance.ie

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.