Generic filters
Exact matches only

Inis Mor – Aran Islands

Homepage Forums Photo Critique Landscape Inis Mor – Aran Islands

• This topic is empty.

Inis Mor – Aran Islands

• slang61
    Participant

This is one i took on Inis Mor the largest of the Aran Islands.
    The sky was very dull and overcast.
    So as i ave been in a HDR zone for the last while, i took mostly bracketed shots.
    As usual, I would like to hear your thoughts

STU
    Aran Islands – HDR by slang61, on Flickr

Bickerdike
    Participant

I absolutely can’t critique this shot, because you are way out of my league, but needed to comment to say “WOW”!!! Its absolutely stunning…. I really need to get back to the Aran Islands !

tex

While a great location, I don’t think you have done it justice. I find you rendition of the clouds to be far too heavy and are inclined to distract from the landscape. I think perhaps your use of HDR has removed any shadows which would give a sense of depth to your picture and add a 3D affect to your photo. As it is, I find it very flat. Sorry about that , but of course this is the opinion of just one person. The Aran islands are a challenge to any landscape photographer but good lighting always helps.

donalglackin
    Participant

I think you did well considering it was so cloudy. nice compisition good view of the cliffs and the green seaweed gives a nice contrast against the grey rock and sky. I reckon with a break in the light there you could be on to something really special. Personally though ive never been a fan of hdr at all i much prefer the scene to look as natural as true to reality as possible. It can bring a dull image to life sometimes but i prefer just go re visit a location when when theres better light. Spose Inis mor isnt the easiet location to revisit though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.