Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Ideas for other PI merchandise..

Homepage Forums Before You Start Photography Ireland Merchandise Ideas for other PI merchandise..

• This topic is empty.

Ideas for other PI merchandise..

• damien.murphy
    Participant

What else would people like to see as PI merchandise ?

This may sound a little hokey, but I was just thinking the following could be cool:

– PI colour fabric patches that could be attached to a camera bag by simply running an iron over it. It could just be the PI logo of the aperture, and think it could be pretty cool

– Aerial toppers. Seen these at Disney, and thought they were really cool. Essentially they’re a hard’ish foam ball, with a hole by which you can pop it on top of your car aerial

– Given the number of PI tripod users I’ve come across, perhaps a PI branded tripod shoulder strap..

Obviously, demand drives everything to see if it’s feasible or not, but it could be cool if the PI aperture logo became a cultish symbol seen amongst photographers..

Pixelle

++ those little patches.

Other ideas include scarves, hats, even fleeces, to judge by the temperatures on some PI outings.

miki g
    Participant

PIn type badges which could be attached to ties, jackets, bags etc Similiar to football badges.

shutterbug
    Participant

Definitely some kind of badge, it would be really useful when out and about to
    spot other PI’ers, the camera straps are great but not always visible, and I would
    think most members would buy one!

Deebo
    Participant

Agree on the badge. Have one from anoher forum and its on my bag

Mark
    Keymaster

Great ideas.

Hats, caps, fleeces are all very doable, I was in with a company a few weeks ago about them. I thought though that it might have been a
    bit late in the year for them. That said the weather hasn’t been great recently…

Pins – I’ll get back to a company I was in touch with a couple of years ago on these.

Aerial toppers – will see what I can find :D

Tripod straps – need to check but I think that I’d need about 25 orders to get them…

Patches – yep good idea.

All good :D

lousy
    Participant

eeerrrmmmmm, Mark..I seem to remember this topic coming up a few years ago with myself, nfl fan and maybe wonkafan etc. We were looking for hats , fleeces, if I remember correctly………..still waiting!!!! :D :D :D

Pat

Mark
    Keymaster

Ah ya Pat, its not the first time this was mentioned lol… Actually I recall ladies under garments being mentioned once too :)

lousy
    Participant

:D :D :D very interesting…and I bet that proposal came from the ‘male’ contingent :D :D :D :D

Pat

peewee3ie

Hi all,

I would like to know did any of this take off. I would like a few patches or fleeces

Mark
    Keymaster

PM sent Tony re the straps.

This is a good reminder for other items too. Much get my act in gear for the new year :)

Diarmuid
    Participant

any update on some merchandise

i would love to get some

grumpy1
    Participant

Any more come of this? Hoodies? pins? tshirts? etc etc

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi,

I didn’t do anymore with this after tbh.

If there is interest from enough people I’d happily look at getting PI branded gear done.
    Tshirts, hoodies and pins.

grumpy1
    Participant

id have an interest anyway

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.