Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

frost using bellows and a pentacon 35mm

Homepage Forums Photo Critique Catch All Macro and Close-ups frost using bellows and a pentacon 35mm

• This topic is empty.

frost using bellows and a pentacon 35mm

• snapperaaron

Diamond Frost by SnapperAaron, on Flickr

The composition is not the best but I am pretty pleased with the result. I used a pentax bellows and a pentacon 35mm lens. Given the working depth of field is minute and the lens is manual with the focus confirm failing on the pk-eos adapter I am pretty pleased that I got anything in focus!

miki g
    Participant

The crystals are nicely captured with nice lighting. Working at such high magnification is very difficult to get focus correct due to the very narrow DOF & dark image. Lots of guys use image stacking to extend DOF, but it doesn’t always work out as even a tiny amount of movement between frames will not allow proper lining up. Well done

shutterbug
    Participant
    snapperaaron

Thanks. The positive reaction has made me smile. Now just to show off I paid 50 euro for the pentacon and 12 euro for the bellows. The cheapest macro kit I could assemble!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

jessthespringer
    Participant

Lovely. Perhaps a little lift in exposure and contrast might just sexy it up a bit. Play around with the crop, theres a nice Christmas card in there!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.