Generic filters
Exact matches only

East Cork Camera Club

Homepage Forums Gear & Links Camera Clubs East Cork Camera Club

• This topic is empty.

East Cork Camera Club

• Mark
    Keymaster

For those of you in the East Cork region, you might be interested.

http://www.eastcorkcameragroup.ie/

Thorsten

Membership is closed as they are filled to capacity (they won’t take more than 50 members). However, I’m planning on establishing another club for the East Cork region, with a somewhat different bias, so if anyone is interested, please contact me offline.

Mark
    Keymaster

Anyone members from East Cork on here ?

If so, you might be interested is having the good folks from the area see and rate your photos :)

http://eastcorkonline.com/rateme/

Thorsten

Mark wrote:

Me :!: :D Looks like a cool site for the “natives” and I’ll be giving it my support as much as I can. I doubt you’ll get anyone from East Cork Camera Group though.

Incidentally, I’m still interested in getting another club started for the East Cork region, but again, it’s dependent on support from others. Somehow I don’t think a club of one will work! But I do think there is an opening in the East Cork region for a club that is open and inclusive and which embraces a broad range of disciplines whilst catering for as wide a range of abilities as possible.

Thumbs

Count me in please Thorsten :D

I have connections to East Cork Magazines and Sites that would help offer support advertising wise.

henna
    Participant

Mark wrote:

For those of you in the East Cork region, you might be interested.

http://www.eastcorkcameragroup.ie/

:lol: :lol: Mark,
    Many thanks for including our link in your forum. :lol: :lol:
    Congratulations on such an extensive site as there is tons of info here to keep interest alive and to assist anyone in trouble. :lol: :lol:

:roll: :roll: There are a couple of comments, however, I feel I have to help Thorsten with:

Thorsten wrote:

Membership is closed as they are filled to capacity (they won’t take more than 50 members).

Our membership is capped at 55 members for a number of reasons. The main reason is insurance constraints for meetings and various activities during the year.

Thorsten wrote:

Mark wrote:

Me :!: :lol:

While Thorsten may be from East Cork he was not a member of East Cork Camera Group in 2006 nor is he a member in 2007.

Because our camera group is open and inclusive, embracing a broad range of disciplines whilst catering for as wide a range of abilities as possible we have an extensive waiting list of people wanting to join. :cry: :cry:
    If it was physically possible we would gladly cater for 100 members or more but at this time we are unable to do this. :cry: :cry: However this may change in time. :) :)

Keep up the good work,
    ECCG Member

jb7
    Participant

I think you might have got mixed up in your reading of the word ‘member’-
    When Mark uses the word here,
    he usually refers to the membership of this site,
    and not any of the others-

Thorsten is a member,
    and is from East Cork,
    as he admits himself-

That’s if I’m reading things correctly-

j

henna
    Participant

Point taken j.
    Yes I can see what you mean.
    It could be read both ways.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Thorsten

on Thu May 10 2007 Thorsten wrote:

Mark wrote:

Me :!: :D Looks like a cool site for the “natives” and I’ll be giving it my support as much as I can. I doubt you’ll get anyone from East Cork Camera Group though.

Incidentally, I’m still interested in getting another club started for the East Cork region, but again, it’s dependent on support from others. Somehow I don’t think a club of one will work! But I do think there is an opening in the East Cork region for a club that is open and inclusive and which embraces a broad range of disciplines whilst catering for as wide a range of abilities as possible.

on Thu Jun 14 2007 henna wrote:

Because our camera group is open and inclusive, embracing a broad range of disciplines whilst catering for as wide a range of abilities as possible we have an extensive waiting list of people wanting to join. :cry: :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thorsten

Incidentally, if anyone happens to have an opportunity to visit the East Cork area this month, it’s worth taking a trip down to the Stephen Pearce Gallery in Shanagarry as ECCG have a large body of work on display there at the moment with some fine images to view. Must pay it a visit again myself as I didn’t have enough time to see it the first time around.

kenh
    Participant

Thorsten wrote:

Incidentally, if anyone happens to have an opportunity to visit the East Cork area this month, it’s worth taking a trip down to the Stephen Pearce Gallery in Shanagarry as ECCG have a large body of work on display there at the moment with some fine images to view. Must pay it a visit again myself as I didn’t have enough time to see it the first time around.

Hi Thorsten, did you ever get a club of the ground? I have been looking for a local club for some time :D :D

Thorsten

kenh wrote:

Hi Thorsten, did you ever get a club of the ground? I have been looking for a local club for some time :D :D

How local are you? At this stage I haven’t started anything yet. I’ve sent you a PM though as it’s still something I’d like to do. But I need a “critical mass” before I get started (2 to 3 others would be a good start!)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.