Participant

Lunchtime stroll yesterday
    Olympus OM10 + Zuiko 50mm 1.8
    Kodak TMax 400 Dev’d in Rodinal
    Shot from the Eye

Deebo
    Participant

Very good set and some real characters.
    Love the glares you are getting in the 3rd last shot, :-))

bingbongbiddley
    Participant

The third last one of these is my favourite also. I love the stares you’re getting off the main subject and also from the woman behind her right shoulder.

I like the consistency of the black and white. Nice tones in them all and focus looks good too.

I’ve no real negative comments and there’s too many to go through individually, but I do think some of these would benefit from a lower perspective.

nfl-fan
    Participant

Thanks chaps.

Yes, that lady with the cigarette in her hand was a bit strange alright… made me think of Richtey Hatchet and how he might have reacted to her deadly stare given his aversion to taking street photos with the camera held to his eye as recently discussed.

TripleB – Your not the first person to mention the need to get lower… I’m 6ft 4″ and trying to be discrete when on the street taking photos… it’s not easy :D

Cheers
    J

bingbongbiddley
    Participant

nfl-fan wrote:

TripleB – Your not the first person to mention the need to get lower… I’m 6ft 4″ and trying to be discrete when on the street taking photos… it’s not easy :D

Hi John,

I’ve got the same problem, although it’s not as pronounced as I’m a shade shorter than you at just over 6 feet 2.

This was kind of my point though. Ritchie Hatch gets a lower perspective by shooting from the hip – I don’t think it’s all about being scared to put the camera to your eye when taking street shots – it also gives a sometimes more interesting perspective.

Mostly nice set – No. 3 is excellent – lots of sub-titles come to mind!

richiehatch

Aaaah ye cheeky fecker ye…!!! hahhahaha… its been a while since I have been in here. Never noticed this thread. Good set of images Mr J…! I do think the ‘scared’ perspective works a bit better all the same. You being so tall I reckon if ye shot from the hip the perspective would be just right! :wink: I especially like the evil look you are getting in a few of ’em.
    Reminds me I have to shoot more of these. Next time its to the eye…. I promise..!

Rickey Hach

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.