Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Cheap Wedding Photographer.

Homepage Forums General Photography Photography Business Cheap Wedding Photographer.

• This topic is empty.

Cheap Wedding Photographer.

• brownie
    Participant

Saw this ad on Guntree Belfast….what can I say….what hope have
    any of us….I know there is a recession but this is really ridiculous.

Noel Browne.

“Wedding Photographer £90
    Date posted: Thursday 4th February
    Brides and Grooms to be…..

Reliable and devoted female photographer at your service to photograph anyone anywhere at anytime.

I offer unlimited shots all day from

*Bride and Groom getting ready
    *Photographing accessories i.e. shoes, jewellery, bouquet, rings, wedding dress
    *Bridesmaids, usually candid shots are my preferred style, but I can also direct.
    *Actual wedding reception to the confetti moments
    *Outside shots of venue
    *Bride and Groom, friends and family group shots
    *After party and up until first dance for £90

I will photograph the rest of the evening for £120. I retouch all images, shoot in black and white, sepia and colour, use at least 2 SLR cameras with tripod, and/or film camera with various lenses.

Every image you want I charge 20p per photo. Sold on CD only.
    I’m based in Antrim but can travel to anywhere in Northern Ireland; I have a wedding portfolio on request. Email me anytime, look forward to it.

Regards and congratulations”

The Chairman

Depends on her quality of work, for that price I doubt she is putting much effort into the pp, but maybe she’s really desperate.

Tag

I will photograph the rest of the evening for £120. I retouch all images, shoot in black and white, sepia and colour, use at least 2 SLR cameras with tripod, and/or film camera with various lenses.

If she’s charging that shooting on film – she’s gonna loose her cotten socks on it…

joemonks
    Participant

Ouch!!! If something is too good to be true…….usually is :)
    The hint of desperation in that just yells “NO NO NO” guess who got a DSLR for xmas :)

Mark
    Keymaster

Doesn’t strike me as a ‘business’. Profit has to feature in it somewhere :)

KPM
    Participant

You never know, you might end up with some classics like :

http://weddingpros.wordpress.com/2009/05/29/top-20-worst-wedding-photos/” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

Make sure to scroll down as there is a second helping !

nfl-fan
    Participant

What about the guys that charge €4K for a wedding… do they look at the guys who charge €1k and moan?

Just wondering like?

brownie
    Participant

Good man NFL….ever the pragmatist !!!!

Noel.

nfl-fan
    Participant

I’m very curious about these sort of matters.

The lady in question hasn’t broken any official laws that I am aware of, yet the seems to be some sort of unwritten moral laws or rules that people often tend to subscribe to here… and there are times that I’d like to know exactly what they are… because they’re often a bit vague… summed up with generic phrases and cliches.

If £210 is too cheap for a wedding… then what is right and what is too expensive… and who decides? That’s the crooks of it for me.

Personally I wouldn’t do a wedding for £210 but I don’t see the point of these witch hunts either. I did post on this thread yesterday… but then decided to delete it… because I know people enjoy scoffing at these things… and upon reflection it isn’t really any skin off my nose… but as said earlier I am curious about these matters.

If someone is operating in a manner that doesn’t break any rules… then what can you do about it? If they don’t make any profit then isn’t that their problem and not ours?

Are they really stealing the bread from your table… or is life just a b-itch sometimes?

Mark
    Keymaster

In fairness, this is the Photography Business section of the site, So its surely expected that the
    price of business services would be discussed in here? Don’t see it as a witch hunt tbh… :)

Just my 2c

Mark
    Keymaster

Of course, I’m not saying that there haven’t been any witch hunts :)

nfl-fan
    Participant

Everyone is entitled to their own view… and for the sake of debate shouldn’t people be encouraged to put forward views whether they are in agreeance or not?

I’m not sure what purpose this thread really serves… someone is charging £210 for a wedding… someone else will be charging £1210… somene else will be charging £4210… so I’m now asking what is too little and what is too much… or can anyone actually put their finger on it?

Or is it a case that people get a bit un-easy when they feel that the rug being pulled out from beneath their feet… sort of like how the IPPA feel at the moment?

I’m putting the questions out there… maybe it’s just a case of Devil’s Advocate… but it’s always important to see both sides of the story… rather than just putting on the blinkers.

Mark
    Keymaster

John,

I don’t believe I’m discouraging people from putting forward views when I say:

its surely expected that the price of business services would be discussed in here?

I believe that people are free to discuss the low price if they wish to do so…This discussion happens
    to be about low prices but I’ve have seen other discussions regarding the seemingly high prices photographers charge.

eas
    Participant

I’m not sure if it’s a witch hunt, but the price is pretty shocking. I think there’s a market for everybody, but when you get down to this level it really makes you think where the future in photography is going.

“How much? That’s crazy, I saw a girl on Gumtree that would do it for 90 quid. You got ripped off mate.”

I’d love to see some samples just to see what a £90 wedding looks like. Could be very surprised.

brownie
    Participant

Agree with Mark here…and thats the reason I put it in this section…John, I am now working
    full-time very hard at this business and trying to make ends meet…not my choice but it was a way
    of getting some sort of life back after being f***** out of Waterford Crystal. I appreciate the Devil’s
    Advocate bit but really, a bit of common sense would’nt go astray here either. You would not do a wedding
    for that sort of money because you would not give the time to process the hundreds of images that
    this woman is talking about at the price quoted…its not about being AFRAID of competition…far from it.
    We all know that the recession has brought down prices but mabye this is just going too far…its a business
    we are in and not a charity.

Noel Browne.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.