Exact matches only

Camera Wanted

Homepage Forums Classifieds Equipment Wanted Camera Wanted

• This topic is empty.

Camera Wanted

• drummer
    Participant

Hi folks

I am looking for a decent camera for a beginner / enthusiast. The reason I came here is because I know from my involvement with the biking community. My experience is that buying & selling through these types of channels usually means you will get good advice, not be messed around and importantly avoid buying stolen equipment.

So, I have a budget of about 100euro max. Although I could do with spending much less.

Does anyone here have a camera (preferably Fujifilm with 12MP+) for sale ? Something geared towards an enthusiast would be great.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Drummer.

canonball
    Participant

hi Drummer please don’t take this the wrong way but if you have a max of 100 euro and want to get into any way serious photography and not just a compact then you really need to look at used prices on ebay ,done deal, adverts i.e. etc and you will see that there is very little for such a low price other than a compact .
    Thats not to say that you can’t take good pics with a compact and its true to say sites like this attract people who often have a lot more gear than they use ,but that said this is a very expensive thing to get into and i can’t see 100 euro will take you very far.
    I hope you get on well though as its always good to see another photographer on the go.

steelydan
    Participant

Wonder if its €1000 and not €100??

drummer
    Participant

No no steelydan, it’s definitely 100euro.

Anonymous
    Participant

You wouldn’t buy a decent filter for that. This guy is taking the p*** & the thread should be deleted accordingly.

drummer
    Participant

^ There’s always one ! :roll:

drummer
    Participant

canonball wrote:

hi Drummer please don’t take this the wrong way but if you have a max of 100 euro and want to get into any way serious photography and not just a compact then you really need to look at used prices on ebay ,done deal, adverts i.e. etc and you will see that there is very little for such a low price other than a compact .
    Thats not to say that you can’t take good pics with a compact and its true to say sites like this attract people who often have a lot more gear than they use ,but that said this is a very expensive thing to get into and i can’t see 100 euro will take you very far.
    I hope you get on well though as its always good to see another photographer on the go.

(Sorry – I typed this earlier but for some reason it didn’t post)

This is exactly why I came here. I’m getting honest advice. (At least I think so !!!)

Anyway, the way I was thinking was that I have seen some decent cameras in Argos and the like for the 250-300 euro mark. By that logic, cameras a few years old might sell for about the 150 mark. Especially where enthusiasts are moving onto bigger and better things.

The thinking is that although the camera would be no longer useful to the seller, it is likely still a great camera for a beginner.

So I think I will leave this out there. If anyone has a camera to sell with around 12Mp res and it uses Li-ion battery, get in touch. Open to all offers.

Thanks guys.

Mark
    Keymaster

Drummer,

You’re not going to get anything with a lens for that price I’m afraid. You’d probably be better off saving up and spending wisely then (DSLR).
    Chances are your phone if it has a camera would take just as good a photo as something you’ll get for ~ €100

All the best

DarrenMc1
    Participant

Hi Drummer,
    I have a Fujifilm FinePix S200EXR if you’re interested,
    Bridge camera with a decent zoom and 12mp, excellent
    Condition and in your price range, google for full spec.

DarrenMc1
    Participant

:lol: Haha, my bad, just spotted the year of this post!!!

grumpy1
    Participant

wonder if he ever got anything? hasnt been here since

Paddysnapper
    Participant

Why are you people so bloody horrible, you treated that poster with utmost contempt, no wonder this site that used to be so active and lively is now a dying on it’s feet…That type of bullying of a poster with a genuine request is beneath contempt.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.