Exact matches only

Business Software

Homepage Forums General Photography Photography Business Business Software

• This topic is empty.

Business Software

• Pandybelly
    Participant

Hi,

Just wondering what business software is being used by photographers on this site?
    I am interested in something that will make quotes, invoices and bill payments easier. Also, ability to track clients and their correspondence, diary facility etc.
    I am currently trialling the Irish software Bullet HQ and while it is nice, I don’t think it will do all that I am looking for. Maybe my dream package does not exist. I have found a lot of software online, mainly USA based but am unsure if that suits the Irish methods of recording for tax purposes etc. Also, to get the most features usually means a major step up in monthly subscription. I would prefer a standalone, buy outright system over a subscription based one. Hence, my dedication to LR and PS6, none of this CC business for me. :)

All help appreciated and thanks.

GCP
    Participant

I’m using Lightblue for a number of years now. Have a look at it and even try it out.
    Let them know I recommended it.
    http://www.lightbluesoftware.com” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

Gerry

Pandybelly
    Participant

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for the info.
    Have you the standalone version or the monthly sub?
    Can it produce invoices, quotes etc. and track purchases?

Thanks,

GCP
    Participant

I pay the monthly sub as I use it a a few devices. I am really not using it to it’s fullest potential
    but it produces invoices, quotes etc and will email them to clients. It will track and record purchases,
    keep an appointments diary, track inquiries, will create to do lists for jobs, etc. It also keeps your
    data safe on their servers should you have an accident.

Why not download the trial version and do not be shy in talking to Hamish or Tom as they are most helpful
    and will answer questions much better than I can.

Another one that is there is Studio Cloud and again you can download it to try it out, but I never really tried it
    out even though I have it downloaded.

Gerry

Ballyman
    Participant

Another two that you could try is 17Hats and Tave. Both get well mentioned and are seemingly very good. They are online based so this means you can access them from anywhere – i had a look at Lightblue while at the photo show and this was one of their downfalls in that it wasnt cloud based nor did they have an android/windows app.

Pandybelly
    Participant

I am currently trialling the Light Blue software. It certainly has everything I am looking for and probably more then I need. They have an app if a buyer subscribes to the multi platform licence. That also entails a monthly sub in addition to buying the software. I might have a look at trialling some others after e.g. 17Hats and then deciding.

Thanks for the help.

poma

Hi all,

Besides using this type of software, do also you use the services of a financial consultant / advisor? I want to become a sole trader soon and I need advice on some questions I have…

Anthony, did you end up trying other ones? Which one did you stick with?

Thanks! : )

Pandybelly
    Participant

poma wrote:

Hi all,

Besides using this type of software, do also you use the services of a financial consultant / advisor? I want to become a sole trader soon and I need advice on some questions I have…

Anthony, did you end up trying other ones? Which one did you stick with?

Thanks! : )

Hi Poma,

I use an accountant to verify and submit my returns at the end of the year. I use Excel and provide him with income and expenditure spreadsheets. I used the services of a solicitor to draft client contracts.

I have purchased Light Blue Software and am trying to get to grips with all it can do. Their support is excellent with quick replies to emails. I can output nice quality Invoices etc. and it is very comprehensive. I will probably keep financial records on Excel this year as well, a belt and braces exercise with LB. When I am happy with my LB abilities, then it will be my sole source of record keeping.

Hope this is of some help.

Anthony…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.