Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Brooklyn

• This topic is empty.

Brooklyn

• lousy
    Participant

‘Brooklyn’ filming taking place in Enniscorthy Co Wexford.
    Starring Saoirse Ronan and Domhnall Gleeson

Anonymous
    Participant

I think the first image is a beauty but it’s screaming for B&W!
    I might also crop it a little tighter removing a little from the right & the bottom section.

peterako

Was looking at the first one thinking “That’s nice….but there’s just something….”

Then John commented and YES…. B&W would make it stunning!

Great shots lousy :)

How did you get on set?

Peter

lousy
    Participant

Thanks lads, I might just try that in mono all right.

That particular shot was taken at a distance with a 70-200 L 2.8.and a 5D mk11. There’s a decent crop to it also but it doesn’t loose any quality.

Pat

davedunne
    Participant

I keep coming back to the second one. It is nearly there with the clothes on the main guy in the middle contrasting with everyone else and also the looks from the guy on the left and the guy in the background on the right.

If the stars had aligned and the woman and the guy going through the door were not there it would have been great. But when shooting in the street, you have to take what you are giving

Martin
    Participant

Really like the first pictures Pat and I wouldn’t convert it to b&w like it as it is would be very happy with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

5faythe
    Participant

Hi Pat,

Nice images especially the first one. I like the colour. I think the it matches the era suggested by the clothes very well. That suggested crop might be worth a try.

I do think the second one has a couple too many people in it. I think the lady at the front really takes away from it. I agree that sometimes in situations like this you have to take what you can get but distractions in the frame are still distractions.

I’ve seen more from your shoot elsewhere. You should be pleased with your results. Must have been nice to be so close to the action.

Well done.

John.

lousy
    Participant

Thank you Dave, Martin and John.

fguihen
    Participant

I like the 1st one, but the watermark is super big, imposing and makes it difficult to actually critique.

shutterbug
    Participant

I have to agree with the majority, that first one is super!

lousy
    Participant

Cheers folks, I take your point re; w/mark :?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.