Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Bitten by the seascape bug

Homepage Forums Gear & Links Photography Equipment Lenses Bitten by the seascape bug

• This topic is empty.

Bitten by the seascape bug

• markst33
    Participant

I am just back from the Dingle Peninsula in Co. Kerry after doing a landscape/Seascape photography workshop with John Hooton. Amazing locations, stunning views and Johns incredible knowledge of times and positions of sunrise and sunset, tides, winds and weather as well as position on various beaches ensured that this was an incredible if intense weekend and now has me bitten by the seascape bug.

I was shooting with a D7000 and the original kit lens from my D50 (my first ever DSLR). So now I am thinking that I will invest in a decent lens specifically for this type of photography so i was wondering what you landscapers are using or would recommend.

Bear in mind that I have never won the lottery and I have a wife and children :)

Mark S.

Ger 208k
    Participant

A wide angle zoom would be a good starter, 10-20mm zoom. You should be able to pick up a Sigma or Tokina (Nikon fit) second hand.
    I take a lot of seascapes and use my Sigma 10-20 a lot. Berminghams regularly have them for sale, or you might find someone on this site looking to sell one.
    Ger

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gerardmcgrath/” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.