Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

Better scanning with VueScan

Homepage Forums General Photography Film Photography Better scanning with VueScan

• This topic is empty.

Better scanning with VueScan

• darragh
    Participant

Hi,

Came across this link on colour scanning using VueScan which I hope others find helpful
    http://benneh.net/blog/index.php/2008/04/21/better-colour-neg-scanning-with-vuescan/

Darragh

damien.murphy
    Participant
    cramp
    Participant

Good bit of info must try this software out I just use the epson scanning sw

irishimage
    Participant

I found this a very useful tutorial for B&W scans.
    Noel

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kediwah/sets/72157608202483073/” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

Martin
    Participant

Always found vuescans user interface a night mare to use, truly a hair pulling experience.
    It really is super software though if you can learn how to use it properly.
    Must have a look at the links

Cheers
    M

damien.murphy
    Participant

Martin – came across a great third-party free ebook guide on Vuescan. Not sure if I have a link to it, must try and find where I found it, but if anyone wants a copy, drop me a pm and I will email it to you,

Damien

damien.murphy
    Participant

Found it – http://www.photoshop-tutorials-plus.com/suppor … uescan.pdf – downloaded it yesterday and it seems just like what I was looking for to learn Vuescan.

By the way – if anyone can show me how to select the negative crops in Vuescan, please enlighten me. All the logical things I have tried do not work, and I struggle when it comes to resizing/ adding/ deleting the crops in Vuescan,

Damien

darragh
    Participant

damien.murphy wrote:

By the way – if anyone can show me how to select the negative crops in Vuescan, please enlighten me. All the logical things I have tried do not work, and I struggle when it comes to resizing/ adding/ deleting the crops in Vuescan,

Damien,

When I crop in VueScan, I use the film size on the Crop and if it needs any adjusting, set the crop to manual.
    Moving the crop around is a little tricky, if I mouse over the middle of the crop, it changes the cursor, so I can click and drag the crop to the next frame.
    I don’t do any resizing in VueScan, I leave Printed Size on the Output tab to Scan size and then resize it and crop in photoshop as necessary.

Darragh

damien.murphy
    Participant

Thanks Darragh. It just seems so counter-intuitive to me at the moment – I’m hoping after reading/ studying up a little I will be the wiser.

Currently when selecting the crop I want to scan I do one frame manually in vuescan, but I would prefer to select all the crops I want, ie all 6 frames for 35mm, or all 3 frames for 120, and then be able to walk away while the scanner does its job.

Anywho, more reading :)

The pdf I linked seems quite good, so I’m hoping that will do the trick, as I really like the results I’m getting with vuescan, especially with multi-pass on the 120 I’ve scanned so far,

Damien

darragh
    Participant

Damien,
    I’ve never got the multiple crop function working in VueScan, just doing frame by frame but would be interested to know how to do the multiple crops.
    Let us know if figure out an easy way to do it.
    darragh

damien.murphy
    Participant

Will do. I’ll probably bite the bullet and buy the software soon. If so, will have a proper fool around with it.

Would like to get a proper handle on the multiple crop function, as you would think it would be a lot easier!

In all though, the results have impressed me a lot, particularly with some 120 HP5 I scanned. If I can get decent scans from 35mm with it, then it’s a no-brainer for me.

Damien

danish34
    Participant

Hello,

I use a Nikon LS-8000ED scanner with Vuescan software. The information that … -Batch Scanning: This allows scanning more than one image at a time.
    Any suggestion..?

Anonymous
    Participant

Thanks for this and keep sharing! :)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.