Generic filters
Exact matches only

Alfama District – Lisbon

• This topic is empty.

Alfama District – Lisbon

• markclehane
    Participant

Hi there,
    Not sure what other people think of colour popping but I think it works in some cases. Any comments on this particular one?
    Thanks for any input.
    Mark

nfl-fan
    Participant

In general I’m not keen on colour popping at all, it’s more of a gimmick than an effective post processing technique.

The way this image is compositionally that colour popping is just drawing you down to the bottom half of the photo when in fact the top half makes up as much of the scene… and as a result it becomes sort of unbalanced.

I think if you stuck to the mono conversion it would make for a much better photograph.

markclehane
    Participant

Appreciate the feedback NFL. I agree to a point that popping can be a bit gimmicky but I was hoping it would work here. Good to get an objective opinion though and now that you say it – Yes, it’s totally unbalanced. I was trying to capture the character of this part of Lisbon and maybe the mono version below does it a bit better. (Bit more contrast might be needed)
    Cheers,
    Mark

nfl-fan
    Participant

Looks much better in my opinion… the toning suits… and as much of a cliche as it can be… this would look great with a couple of old ladies on the steps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.