Search
Generic filters
Exact matches only

adobe bridge

• This topic is empty.

adobe bridge

• donalglackin
    Participant

anyone else have a problem with this program running painfully slow, ive no problem with photoshop lightroom and i use final cut as well for editing videos, and none of them are ever a problem, then i open the monster that is adobe bridge and sometimes my whole laptop freezes with it running and i have to manual power of the machine to get it going again, ive asked around and everyone keeps telling me its a ram issue with my laptop but i cant see how it is when everything else runs like clockwork and then bridge brings everything to a grinding halt. ive seen a few topics on it around the web but not seen any solutions just wondering if anyone on here had any experience with it.

snapperaaron

I have used bridge but without issues. What is the ram on you computer?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mark
    Keymaster

Not having any particular issues tbh.

donalglackin
    Participant

dont think its a ram issue ive got 4 gigs of ram on my machine, and when im running big programs like photoshop or final cut pro my laptop runs fine, when i open bridge my whole machine shuts down sometimes it just completely freezes up and sometimes i just have to do a manual shut down. i might have a folder with only 30 images in it and it can take up to 15 minutes to load the previews when it does work. most of the time it doesnt and i just have to manual shut down, i dont have any trouble with any other software on my computer it only ever happens with bridge.

snapperaaron

Try reinstalling?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

miki g
    Participant

It could be a CPU problem rather than the amount of RAM installed. I have the same issue running DxO Optics pro 10 on my computer which has 8 Gigs of Ram installed. The CPU struggles with it, but is fine with Lightroom etc. As suggested, try re-installing Bridge, but if that doesn’t work, it’s probably your machine just isn’t suitable for running the programme.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.