Exact matches only

2012 Photography Resolutions

Homepage Forums General Photography The Lounge 2012 Photography Resolutions

• This topic is empty.

2012 Photography Resolutions

• SteveD
    Participant

Ok folks, let’s have them.

1) Take 1 strong B&W photo every month. I currently take none!

2) Become a good macro photographer.

3) Take photos at least once a week.

Martin
    Participant

I just hope to continue enjoying getting out and about taking pictures.

By the end of 2012 though if I had to have one goal it would be to try to print two or three of my favorite square pictures quite large in the darkroom as to date I print quite small due to the cost of darkroom paper.

PD_BARBS
    Participant

2011 was a really lame year for photography, so my priority for 2012 will be to try and rediscover my passion for it and get out more again.

My problem is I am doing nothing with the shots I take, so I will aim to set up a website this year also.

shutterbug
    Participant

To organise my photographs and to print more, learn how to get the best from
    the equipment I have and not to lust after more, to join a camera club and make
    an effort to organise more PI outings :)

Bricker
    Participant

I have spent a lot of time reently deleting numerous images – 20 different compositions of the same scene and so on. I know I should have been doing this as I went along, but you live and learn! Anyhow, during this cull, it occured to me that in the good old days of film, I wouldnt have taken the 20 shots and spent the time walking (instead of zooming) and scoping out the 1 or 2 shots that the scene deserved…. if indeed it deserved any.

So, my 2012 resolution was/is to get myself an olde film camera and pop a roll of film into it and go back to the begining. As my xmas pressie was cash to spend on myself, yesterday I found myself an old Olympus OM2n for 75 bucks, bought a roll of Fuji Neopan 400 and headed out this morning to see what develops (hopefully anyway).

I will let you know how I get on. I have no intention to develop it myself…. not this year anyway!

BTW, my recent gear lust has been for a fuji X100, my new baby isnt far off the mark – appearance wise anyway. :)

miki g
    Participant

Similiar story here. I’ve decided to become more selective in what I shoot. I find that digitally, I’ve become lazy (physically too :lol: ). I’d normally shoot stuff that I know, before the shot is even taken, that it isn’t going to be any good, but shoot it anyway. By deciding to take my time & look for a better composition, lighting etc before shooting & if it’s not possible, just move on to something else rather than wasting time. If we digital shooters had to pay for each shot (like film), our shutter counts would be much lower & possibly our photography would be much better. :lol:

Pixelle

Hi, Shutterbug,

. to join a camera club

There’s a great new club in Greystones. :-)
    http://www.greystonescameraclub.ie” onclick=”window.open(this.href);return false;

shutterbug
    Participant

Thanks Pixelle, I knew there was a new club there but the thread I was following
    seemed to dry up, didn’t realise they had a website up and running, thanks for that
    I will try to get to a meeting on Thursday!

Pixelle

Next meeting is on Thursday 5 th when there will be a practical session on
    product / still life photography.

Mardai24
    Participant

Like Shutterbug, my aim is to join a camera club. That website that I’ve been tootling about with – I promise myself that I’m going to get it up and running. Want to concentrate on technique. I really have got to learn how to fully utilise the camera – not just take pleasing shots. And finally….. I want to learn how to fully use the powerfull tools like Lightroom and Photoshop etc. Anyone know any good courses on in Dublin or north county?

Deebo
    Participant

Like SteveD I have the same sort of resolutions.
    BW images is my biggest weakness and I need to develop this for my camera clubs comps.
    I also own a macro and I have never really mastered it, shame considering its my most expesive glass.
    Dee

Mark
    Keymaster

Use my Bronica alot more and generally get out more. Also to take more street photos.
    Oh a few more regular PI meets wouldn’t go astray :)

adrianmatthews
    Participant

To make more time to get out and take some shots……. been to wrapped up trying to stay employed during this recession…..

PD_BARBS wrote:

2011 was a really lame year for photography, so my priority for 2012 will be to try and rediscover my passion for it and get out more again.

My problem is I am doing nothing with the shots I take, so I will aim to set up a website this year also.

Well said :) my problem (and solution) exactly!

ss

bigalguitarpicker
    Participant

I’m hoping to infiltrate a few traditional music sessions and shoot stills and video. I’ve been told MiniDisc is a good recording medium for audio, so I’m hoping to buy a little stereo microphone for my Sony MiniDisc and see how it performs. If all works out I’ll post some AV and some video on Youtube and post a link here.
    Alex.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.